Windows Phone Reset Protection Recovery Key??

Copper Contributor

I reset my Lumina Windows Phone, now I get an error to turn off reset protection. I tried logging into my Microsoft account but it's no longer listed as a device, and the bitlocker says there is no recovery key to be found. I am stuck in the setup steps with no way of providing a recovery key, is there any way around this or another way to add this device to my Microsoft account? Any help is appreciated!

3 Replies

@TyCann 

Did you ever figure out the Windows Phone Reset Protection? I'm in the same boat. I did the reset and it ended up saying I need a recovery key and I had already removed the phone from my Microsoft Devices.   I just wanted to do a factory reset so I could gift the phone.  Thanks.

@Buzzn13 

No, and Microsoft was absolutely no help… pretty much gave up on the phone now because there seems to be no way to move forward, total joke. If you happen to figure it out please send me message here 🙏🏼

@TyCann

I'll let you know if I figure it out. Windows ARM can't be installed until the phone works.  I just wanted to factory reset it and gift it to my brother so he can install Win ARM. You would think Microsoft would support people resetting their Windows phones they paid good money for and were abandoned in short order. Likely, the shortest life cycle of any phone.