SOLVED

Windows Emoji insert issue (Windows key + period)

Brass Contributor

My research shows that there seems to be a compatibility issue with the Unicode standard used for the red heart emoji (U+2764). Other devices and applications seem to read it as a small black heart different from the windows emoji inserter. The workaround i do is to use the sparkling red heart. Or copy from a site.

Does any knows if this issue is being looked into?

7 Replies
I think I've experienced this before too,
might have to file a feedback for it in feedback hub for them to be notified of this issue

Hi @HotCakeX 
Thanks for your reply. I have submitted it on the Feedback HuB. (See https://aka.ms/AAav6j6
I thought there is already a published information somewhere i can refer to.

Regards,

Thanks, I made a comment under it

@HotCakeX

I saw your helpful comment. Thanks 

best response confirmed by Mr_Trust_A (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @HotCakeX 

It seems this issue was fixed in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21332. It says:

We fixed an issue where when using search to insert the red heart emoji from the touch keyboard or emoji panel, in certain apps upon insertion it would unexpectedly appear black, despite the app supporting colored emoji.”

Thanks once again

yes, it is fixed, i just tested it on build 21337. thanks for reminding me :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mr_Trust_A (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @HotCakeX 

It seems this issue was fixed in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21332. It says:

We fixed an issue where when using search to insert the red heart emoji from the touch keyboard or emoji panel, in certain apps upon insertion it would unexpectedly appear black, despite the app supporting colored emoji.”

Thanks once again

View solution in original post