Windows 10 VPN and SQL with Meraki VPN

Copper Contributor

Hi, when our users connect to VPN (Windows 10 VPN on Meraki) they used to be able to access a client application on a SQL server host (a Windows 10 host)....but something recently happened on the host (uninstalled Norton security and it likely reset a bunch of stuff) and now client VPN users are no longer able to access that application....we can ping the SQL host from the client device after connecting to VPN but no longer access the application, so my guess its some Windows firewall port or protocol on the SQL server blocking the traffic when it sees the traffic coming in via VPN because it works fine within the network, and its not as permission issue as I put the same client device on the network and it can access the application without any issues.

Any thoughts or ideas?

4 Replies
Hi,
Which Windows 10 version are you using?
have you contacted Norton support about it? since the problem started happening after uninstalling that software?

@HotCakeX 

I believe both server and host are Win10 Pro, and no haven't contacted Norton because I don't think they could help with this since its after the uninstall it stopped working.

I mean the version which is a number not the edition.
well I don't know, technically it's their software that causes this issue and I'm 99% sure after reinstalling Windows the problem will go away.
probably the uninstall procedure of Norton wasn't complete and there are some leftovers on the system causing problems.