Windows 10, version 21H2 announced!

Microsoft

Windows continues to play an important role in people’s lives as they continue to work, learn and have fun in hybrid and remote environments. Our goal is to provide new features and functionality via a fast and reliable update experience to help keep people and organizations protected and productive. Version 21H2 will continue the recent feature update trend of being delivered in an optimized way using servicing technology, like the way we delivered version 1909 to devices running version 1903 and the way we delivered version 21H1 to devices running versions 2004 and 20H2.

Our launch approach for Windows 10, version 21H2 continues to fully leverage the Windows Insider Program to obtain user feedback and data insights on quality. Today, we begin releasing 21H2 builds to Windows Insiders who were moved to the Release Preview channel from the Beta channel because their specific devices did not meet the hardware requirements for Windows 11.

For more information on Windows 10, version 21H2, its feature set, how it's being delivered, and the Windows Insider channels, please see John Cable's blog here: Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10: 21H2 | Windows Experience Blog.

--Joe.

Follow me on Twitter: @LURIE_MSFT

57 Replies

@Joe Lurie 

Unfortunately, I disagree - I've seen a lot of similar queries here - so taking up support time is not a good idea

Often, technical support is directed to MTC because it concerns the Insider program.

There is no simple information that Dev Channel. for Windows10 - already finished?

@Joe Lurie a little update of my update issue I already had contact with the support 4 times and every time they doing the same thing even when I say the things I or there colleagues already tried. So now the last advice they gave me is to install win 10 from a thumbdrive (USB stick). Last time I tried to install win 10 I received the message that my processor is not compatible even when he is on the tested list for 21H1.
Hi,

I's stuck on Windows 10 as Microsoft have deemed my computers unfit for Windows 11. Guess I'm OK with that for now but I have a bit of a problem as my two boxes running Windows 10 Preview only tries to download Windows 11. I'm currently running 21390.2025 with the the last Quality Update was "Update Stack Package ( Version 521.920.111.0) installed 2021-10-15 and the one before that is a Cumulative Update 10.0.21390.2025 (KB50004123) installed 2021-06-15. Running Winver it says I'm running a Evaluation Copy. Expires 2021-10-31 20:25. Today I downloaded KB5006738 only to get a message saying "The update is not applicable to you computer. What to do,can anyone out there help me PLEASE

@RAC58 

The solution in this case is a clean installation of Windows10 - which will remove everything and you can configure the RP channel again. because Dev. and Beta is only for Windows11

Good luck

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

Thanks for quick replay! I had a feeling that a clean install was going to be the answer, didn't want it but I guess I have to bite the bullet an get around with it.

Thanks again!
/Anders

@Joe Lurie

again a little update, I tried to install WIN 10 21H1 from a USB stick but encountered an other problem, when I select my C: drive I receive the message that I can't install on that drive because it's a GPT partition style drive. 

The only thing I can do is convert my SSD drive from GPT to MBR BUT, because this is an new (refurbished) purchased PC (a week ago) a wil lose my warranty when I change that.

Thanks for the information. Windows10 is the greatest operating system of Microsoft Corporation. I think all the Windows users will agree with me. Recently, Microsoft announced Windows 10 (21H2) Insider Preview Build 19044.1202 Released. This announcement is now we can find all the tech-related websites like this.

@phillipshaughnessy Hi

Yes I agree with you , but now we have a build of Windows 19044.1415 , this confirms that the Microsoft team continues to develop Windows10.

Best regards

This is my CPU (Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500T CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz) and I also have that problem, I receive an error on 97% of installation all updates from Win 10 20H2 build 19042.1165.
I have contacted support they tried to find the problem but couldn't find anything also here on the community I posted the problem but couldn't find the problem.

This problem already existed in the BETA version.

Re: Windows 10, version 21H2 announced! - Page 2 - Microsoft Tech Community

@EricVdM 

And have you downloaded the update assistant that will prepare the components for the installation of the latest stable version of the system? Have you downloaded updates in the Microsoft Store - this is also necessary?

Yes and all other successions I received from the community and support (see posts to you and @Joe Lurie on ‎Oct 28 2021 11:18 AM - edited ‎Oct 29 2021 08:16 AM )

this was the last post to @Joe Lurie :

again a little update, I tried to install WIN 10 21H1 from a USB stick (Thumb drive) but encountered an other problem, when I select my C: drive I receive the message that I can't install on that drive because it's a GPT partition style drive.

The only thing I can do is convert my SSD drive from GPT to MBR...... BUT, because this is an new (refurbished) purchased PC (a week ago) a wil lose my warranty when I change that.

@EricVdM 

Do you have a third-party antivirus installed - if so, try uninstalling directly using the third-party antivirus site tool

It's not on my computer, my internet provider has a antivirus and anti spam software on their system (modem) installed and that can't be the problem because my laptop has Win 21h2 (19043.1415) installed and that is an older system with an i3 CPU and only 4GB RAM.

@EricVdM 

Then please go to the seller who gave the warranty - let him clean everything and reinstall all drivers and firmware - I would do so.

photos file question?
What a pity that (KB5009543) & (KB5010793) could not be updated. Why and how can we solve this update problem?

@mkfchow  Hi

Maybe the problem is the lack of previous updates.

If your devices do not have the May 11, 2021 update (KB5003173) or later LCU, you must install the special standalone August 10, 2021 SSU (KB5005260).

Install this update  "

January 11, 2022—KB5009543 (OS Builds 19042.1466, 19043.1466, and 19044.1466) (microsoft.com)

Hi Andrzej1,
Thanks for your information.
I just want to confirm that I need to download and install both update (KB5003173) or later LCU and the special standalone August 10, 2021 SSU (KB5005260) OR I just need to download (KB5005260)? Another issue is I have tried to download (KB5005260), Windows 10 version 21H1 for x64-based system from Microsoft Update Catalog, but this is a .msu file which cannot be downloaded securely except I choose "Copy download link". Should I do that for installation?

@mkfchow 

This question should be answered directly by Microsoft Support = download ticket.

Good luck