Windows 10, version 21H2 announced!

Microsoft

Windows continues to play an important role in people’s lives as they continue to work, learn and have fun in hybrid and remote environments. Our goal is to provide new features and functionality via a fast and reliable update experience to help keep people and organizations protected and productive. Version 21H2 will continue the recent feature update trend of being delivered in an optimized way using servicing technology, like the way we delivered version 1909 to devices running version 1903 and the way we delivered version 21H1 to devices running versions 2004 and 20H2.

Our launch approach for Windows 10, version 21H2 continues to fully leverage the Windows Insider Program to obtain user feedback and data insights on quality. Today, we begin releasing 21H2 builds to Windows Insiders who were moved to the Release Preview channel from the Beta channel because their specific devices did not meet the hardware requirements for Windows 11.

For more information on Windows 10, version 21H2, its feature set, how it's being delivered, and the Windows Insider channels, please see John Cable's blog here: Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10: 21H2 | Windows Experience Blog.

--Joe.

Follow me on Twitter: @LURIE_MSFT

57 Replies
Hello
I agree further development of Windows10 is needed by everyone
Thank you for sharing , I hope you would have added more features and functionalities.

@Joe Lurie When will the LTSC IoT version be available and when will processor support be published?

Thanks. 

We haven't announced the release date yet, and likely won't until the actual day (this is our normal process). Here are the current hardware/processor requirements. I don't believe they will change for Windows 10, version 20H2 over what they are for version 21H1. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/windows-processor-requirements

@Joe Lurie I have a question!

My processor officially doesn't support windows 10 21H1 but windows update still offered me that,Why!?

It is an Intel i3 4th generation......

ShashankDahat_0-1627571105796.png

ShashankDahat_1-1627571116394.png

Could Anyone Explain This??

@ShashankDahat I don;t know when we started putting in hardblocks against upgrades, or if we did. Cc: @Aria Carley 

@ShashankDahat 

Hello everyone!

I think there is some misunderstanding there are no requirements for Windows10.

I have version 19043.1110 on several low-performance PEs and everything works fine!

Microsoft has announced that by October 2025 it will not introduce hardware requirements - such as Windows11 .

I believe this is microsoft's official position

how about TLS 1.3 support (by OS itself)
bruh i dont like new taskbar
Kinda don't like it but hey, at least we have something new!!

How about speeding up the boot to desktop and shutdown.

As booting to desktop has become too slow on all operating systems since Windows me.

same with shutting down computer.

Yet the process is quick to avoid allowing you to boot into your system bios which is now become very annoying tasks of multiple screens and reboots to lock ups.

Used to be easy steps but UEFI is useless when you just need to make a small change in the bios section.

Also chkdsk or scan disk command is in need off a major overhaul for large hard drives in partition format.

You should be able to do multiple disk scans and repairs at same on partitioned hard drives with exception to the main partition which contains your operating systems.

Example: 1 Sata internal hard drive

Partitions D: E: F: G: H: (alias storage sections of things like movies, documents etc: you should be able to set disk scan tool to do them at the same time and repair if necessary like defragmentation.

With Partition C: or the main operating system should be scanned on its own.

Example: 2 USB external hard drive.

Partitions J: K: L: M: N: you should be able to scan and repair at the same time.

I have run into stuttering, inconsistent frame rates, and seen the Blue Screen of Death after installing the most recent set of updates. The issues appear to be related to Windows 10 update KB5001330 which started rolling out on April 14, 2021. The issues don't seem to be limited to a single type of hardware.

If i update to this 21H2 update can it solve previous errors.

And of i follow instruction from here : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/faq/windows-reviews

then should i go for windows 11 or stick to 10?

When I update my windows he updates it first in the last 20h2 version but that's already installed and if I try to install the 21H2 than he says after 96% that there is a problem and reinstalls the original version (20H2) he doing the small updates but not the bigger updates.

Result of the health test:
secure start oke
TPM 2.0 activated
RAM 16GB
SSD 256GB
CPU freq 2.5 Ghz
CPU 4 cores

This version is installed right now:
Windows 10 Pro
Version: 20H2
Installation date ‎14/‎09/‎2021
Build 19042.1165
Ervaring Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3030.0

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500T CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
Geïnstalleerd RAM-geheugen 16,0 GB (15,8 GB available)
Type system 64-bits besturingssysteem, x64-processor

@EricVdM Windows 10, version 21H2 has not been released yet. When you say the upgrade to 21H2 fails, are you attempting to upgrade to Windows 11? If Windows 11, please ensure your processor is supported: Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported Intel processors | Microsoft Docs

If Windows 10, please open a support ticket as I'm not able to troubleshoot here.

@MertyJrry Whether you go to Windows 11 or Windows 10 will depend on one or two things:
1. Does your hardware support Windows 11? If not, then stay on Windows 10.

2. If yes, your personal preference.

If you are having issue with the latest updates, please open a support ticket.

@Joe Lurie thnx for the reply

it's Windows 10, he wants to update to 20H2 (KB5006738) and below I see that version 21H2 is ready to download but he has problems with both updates after 96% the installation fails.

I will make a ticket later today

@Joe Lurie 

Hi

The problem is with the Insider Program!

Dev Channel. has an expiring build for Windows10, and participants are surprised that they can't have updates.

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 21H2 - Microsoft Tech Community

If it's an Insider issue, that is fully supported. Same advice to open a ticket.