Windows 10 Pro Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager and PowerShell Get-VMSwitch generic failure

Copper Contributor

I have spent the last couple of days trying to get my Windows 10 Pro Hypervisor to work. It was working well till a few days. However, the Virtual Switch Manager in the Hyper-V Manager is now unable to retrieve the list of virtual switches.

I have explored over 50 blogs and technical answers across Microsoft and other sites for an answer and tried out every recommendation except for i) nvspscrub (nvspscrub,js is not available for download anywhere), ii) Registry Edit (dont know how to do it) and iii) Windows 10 Repair Install (I have BitLocker enabled on all my drives, hence do not want to try it unless absolutely unavoidable).

I think that my problem will be resolved if Powershell's Get-VMSwitch command works. As of now, it shows the following:

PS> Get-VMSwitch

Get-VMSwitch : Generic failure

At line:1 char:1

+ Get-VMSwitch

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-VMSwitch], VirtualizationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Unspecified,Microsoft.HyperV.PowerShell.Commands.GetVMSwitch

Request for suitable advice. Thanks

Pradeep Bhat

0 Replies