Windows 10 installation Stuck

Copper Contributor

Hey everyone, you guys helped me so much the last time on this build, I figured I'd come back for more.

So the build in question is as follows: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M, Ryzen 5 2600, 2 x G. Skill DDR4 3200, EVGA 550w PSU, Main harddrive - 60GB OCZ SSD, Radeon 5770HD (my Rx 570 smoked out on first boot, so replaced with old one while it's being Rma'd).

My problem is that I do a fresh install of windows 10 pro from a usb. It takes a long time, but it installs, but then after it reboots it just sits there black screen with spinning white dots forever. I can’t boot into safe mode either. It basically installs but doesn’t get configured.

I made sure to format SSD using the GPT style partitions, and as was suggested in many forums I tried disconnecting all other drives and all usb devices.

I suspect it's either the GPU being too old causing issues or maybe the SSD is nearing end of life.

I might have access to another slightly newer GPU tomorrow, but I'm open to other suggestions until then.

Thanks for the help in advance.

1 Reply

@bartthemustang 

It wouldn't be the GPU, since your mobo already has an integrated onboard graphics processor. Not sufficient for gaming of course but well suited for booting a bios or a loading screen.

I had a similar issue which was caused by corrupted files within Windows 10 itself. Not sure how or why, it worked fine for a month and then it didn't. Called around to repair shops and was told to download latest Win10 OS from the official Microsoft site (free download) and problem was fixed. Make sure you have at least 8GB USB stick. Cannot have anything on it as the formatting prior to download will wipe any content from it. Good news is there was minimal updates to apply since Microsoft constantly updates the download file. Use the product key that came with original product when prompted.

Regards,

Akshay