Windows 10 Home instead of PRO after re-installing

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We upgraded one laptop from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro.

When I try to re-install fresh system, it picks it up as Windows 10 Home again.

I need to login with microsoft account first, then upgrade to win10 pro with the key, and then join the organization as the laptop is for company use.

I need this laptop to be able to "join organization" straight away when I'm installing windows, I do not wish to do extra steps each time I'm rebuiliding the system.

Once upgraded, the key from BIOS should be overwritten, otherwise we just wasted money and we want it back .Please give us resolution or explain how can we get refund. Thank you.

4 Replies
Hi,
How does that supposed to help me ?
I know how to activate it, I know how to upgrade it, and I have USB with Windows 10 Pro on it.
However, since the Home version Key is applied to the BIOS, it ALWAYS installs Home, not asking me what I want. I want the first login screen to give me "join via organization" and for that it needs to install Win 10 PRO straight away.

@Starekss 

"I want the first login screen to give me "join via organization" and for that it needs to install Win 10 PRO straight away"

Only Microsoft support can constructively clarify whether this is possible, but rather since you are doing a clean installation of Windows it cannot be Windows10 PRO right away.

@Starekss wrote:
However, since the Home version Key is applied to the BIOS, it ALWAYS installs Home, not asking me what I want.

Hello @Starekss,

See if this fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-cant-select-windows-10-edition-during-clean-installation

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.