WINDOWNS S MODE

Copper Contributor

Hi Guys,

I been searching about it but scard to change it....I am currently have HP PC in windows S mode since I brought it 2 years ago....it's great and fast start up without any problems.

But until I try do something and I can download anything that is outside Microsoft....I just wanted to ask if anyone ever change from S mode to normal PC mode? Do you find it same speed, start up great or do you still get worse than S mode etc?

Looking forward to hear from you 

Many thanks

Christopher

2 Replies
Sorry can not help you in that area as such as i do not use the s mode which is lock down version of Windows.

But my opinion is boot up will depend on how you configure your system in the first place, type of cpu, ram, hardware, cooling methods of your system your using and the power options you configure.

It will also depend on third party application you intend to use too.

I have notice Windows 10 is slower than previous operating system overall in both boot up and shutdown but the same in restarts.

Overall it just come down to internet too if you can good updates or bad ones that also lead to boot up, restart and shutdown issues.

Hi Darkmenance,

Thanks for message.
I haven't change anything since I brought PC, so everything is still the same at the moment. I haven't notice Win 10 gone slower.....but I do have 8 years old Laptop which is VERY slow (think it needed to bin).
But my PC is the best which is good. I just don't want to regret it if I turn it off, due to limited explore things etc.
Will wait until someone else have try it before for now :)

Many thanks