SOLVED

Window 10 organization question - how to remove?

Copper Contributor

I downloaded the PC Health Check to see if my system (Home Computer) meets the requirements for Windows 11 when I ran the check. when I hit the check now button it pops up with a notice "Your Organization manages updates on this PC. ( I did purchase the computer from EBAY so not sure what OS was used).

I went to gpedit.msc Computer configurations Administrative templates All settings and checked there. All states are Not Configured. I also checked the Windows Components and Windows Updates. All states are also Not Configured. 
I also checked Regedit,

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows

and do not see a windows update in that address

Where else can I look to remove this? This is the first time I have seen the message and I have never had to have permission to install updates. any help would be appreciated.  

windows current spec
Windows 10 Pro 

version 21H1

OS build 19043.1052

window.PNG

window.PNG

8 Replies
Hi adblack1983,

I have seen many reports of the same. What you can do is, an update to the tool would be available tomorrow, which you can try to run and see if it fixes the issue. If it is a bug on the tool's end, that should do the job.
best response confirmed by Kapil Arya (MVP)
Solution

Hello @adblack1983,

You'll see that message when your system is connected to Azure AD/Microsoft 365/AD or your system itself is DC. All of my server systems have that message, which is expected.

Windows-11-check-2

Currently, you can go to Settings app > Accounts > Access work or school and make sure you don't have any account connected in the right pane. Else, you can wait for update to 'PC Health Check app', as Sumit said.

Regards.

Thank you. This is exactly what it was, I had my work email added. Removed it and the message is now gone.
Although now I don't know why the check shows I don't meet the specs. Even though I know I do.

@adblack1983 

I have found that a number of computers in my organization have a system reserved partition that is to small. Windows 11 uses this partition during the upgrade process but sometimes it cannot resize it. You would need to resize it to 400 MB and then you should meet the minimum requirements unless your computer is more than about 3 years old in which case your processor might not meet the requirements.  

Hello. While trying to install windows 11 ive gotten an error which says "Your organization manages updates on this PC" for no apparent reason, ive been checking many tutorials, none of them work. I dont have any school,bussiness or any type of account connected to my OS. I only have my Home account, even in the auto updates setting, it says the same thing "Your organization manages updates on this PC" i dont know what to do. Even in the Registery editor i was searching for the PushNotifications i couldnt find them, Any help?

Filipbaslic_0-1708208013084.png

I have fixed this same message by doing the following.

In Regedit go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft \Windows\WindowsUp date\AU\UseWUServer and change UseWUServer from "1" to "0", no reboot or signing off and back in required, it should allow the Windows 11 upgrade check to run.

@Filipbaslic

In Regedit go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft \Windows\WindowsUp date\AU\UseWUServer and change UseWUServer from "1" to "0", it should allow the Windows 11 upgrade check to run: Just remember to change it back when you are done.  

@notnotevencom

I know this is long but this is how I resized the partition using a free program on a number of computers.  

You can perform these steps under the non-admin user log in if you want. Time may vary depending on Internet connection speed and CPU speed. If needed, and you are doing this under the users login, the user can work on their computer while the Windows 11 Install Assistant is downloading and installing Windows 11.

Step 1) Sign into the computer and Run PC Health Check.

Step 2) If the system meets the requirements for Windows 11, Try running the Windows 11 Install Assistant. If you get the System Reserved Partition resize error message move to the next step to resize the EFI System Reserved Partition.

Step 3) Tools Needed: The Mini tool Partition Wizard https://www.partitionwizard.com/download-free-from-cnet.html? p=pw&e=pw-h or any other partition resizing tool you prefer. The steps below are for the Mini tool. When installing the Mini Tool, on the website click download in the top right corner then select the free version. When you run the installer you will click okay then you will see the screen below. Choose continue with free version and then click next. On the next screen unchecked everything except for MiniTool Partition Wizard then click next. Leave everything default and click next. When it finishes installing remove the MiniTool shortcut from "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" so the shortcut does not appear on nonadmin user desktops. We don't want them messing with this tool. Move to the next pageNote: For the free version of MiniTools, BitLocker (on laptops) must be turned off, suspending it did not work on the test I did. Turn it off by clicking the start button and search for bitlocker, next click on Manage Bitlocker then click on Turn Off Bitlocker. It will say Bitlocker Decrypting. The decryption process can take 20 minutes or more depending on how much stuff is stored on the hard drive. Some laptops took about 10 minutes. Once decryption is started I don't think it can be stopped. When it is done it will say Bitlocker Off. When it says Bitlocker is off, you might get a popup like the one above telling you that you must reboot the computer, if you see this popup you will need to restart the computer then turn off Bitlocker again. It should stay off this time untill Windows 11 installs and the computer is restarted. When you restart the computer and turn bitlocker off again, you should be able to resize the partition and install Windows 11. Continue with step 5 below. Bitlocker should turn back on Automatically the next time the computer restarts after the Windows 11 upgrade is complete but check just to make sure.

Step 5) After confirming Bit locker is off and Mini Tool is installed, open Mini Tool. Look at the C drive and check the free space column. If it says 0, this means BitLocker is still on. It must be off for Mini Tool to see the amount of free space on the C drive and to resize the EFI partition using MiniTool. Close the MiniTool then turn off BitLocker again. Reopen the MiniTool. You should now see free space on the C drive.

Step 6) Right click on the partition between the EFI System Reserve Partition and the C partition and click delete. Now right click on the EFI System Reserve Partition and left click on extend. Change the drop down box to the C drive. You should be able to move the the bar ( ether by dragging it or using the right and left arrows on the keyboard ) to choose the size. Move the bar all the way to the left as far as it will go then move it to the right, you will want to stop it at just over 300 MB. It does not need to be exact, you just need enough to make the EIF partition 400MB or more. It will use free space from the C drive. Click Okay then click Apply in the bottom left corner. It should then prompt you to restart the computer. During the restart it will resize the EIF partition. Log into the computer and open the mini tool and confirm that the partition has been resized. You might see the message that the computer needs to reboot. ignore it. If the partition has not been resized, repeat these steps. If it has, close the MiniTool and move on to step 7.

Step 7) Run the windows 11 update tool. During the upgrade process the user can use the computer if the install is done under the users login. The install goes through three steps. The first to steps go quickly. The third one goes quickly up to 75 to 80 percent then the last 15 to 20 percent can take an hour or more. when it gets to 100 percent, the computer will prompt you to that it will restart in 30 minutes. You can restart it without waiting 30 minutes. The computer may reboot one or more times on its own before it goes back to the screen that states it’s working on updates. (this portion could take some time to complete) When it’s done, it will take you to the sign in screen. The computer should now be running windows 11 and BitLocker should have turned on automatically. Double check that BitLocker is on. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kapil Arya (MVP)
Solution

Hello @adblack1983,

You'll see that message when your system is connected to Azure AD/Microsoft 365/AD or your system itself is DC. All of my server systems have that message, which is expected.

Windows-11-check-2

Currently, you can go to Settings app > Accounts > Access work or school and make sure you don't have any account connected in the right pane. Else, you can wait for update to 'PC Health Check app', as Sumit said.

Regards.

View solution in original post