Window 10 media keys used to be smarter

Copper Contributor

The older version I'm playing youtube on chrome and spotify and chrome taken over a media key but I eventually have some random idea that is press Alt, Ctrl, Shift with media key and somehow It's work with Shift key when I press Shift + Media key It's ignore taken over and control my spotify and when I press only media key It's control youtube but It's doesn't work that way in this version now It's has a stupid grey arrow symbol  instead to switch focus of media key.

Can i have a shortcut Shift + media key back?

It's important to me to switch media focus because It's on 2nd monitor , and my main monitor is always using a fullscreen apps It's always take time when I want to click to others apps because I need to resize fullscreen app first. please bring it back

5 Replies

Hi @haru_excc 

on latest Windows 10 1909, there is the option to control multiple medias that are being played

gtfdgf.png

I can use any media keys on my keyboard to bring that small window and then use that arrow on the right to switching between different videos that are being played

@HotCakeX 

It can be really annoying though as the last tab/window to play sound is what is considered under the current control.

I use Microsoft Teams for work and when i'm done with a call i want to restart my music and it starts playing the Teams ring tone instead, so if you could lock it to specific windows or programs that could be helpful

I found that the small window media controller only works on some players but not all of them. i use MPC-HC, foobar2000 and Chrome at the same time, but it only works on Chrome and foobar2000. @HotCakeX 

Hi,
you can submit that problem in feedback hub and also make sure your Windows 10 is up to date :)