SOLVED

Will IE11 work with the next LTSC?

Copper Contributor

This is an inquiry about LTSC scheduled to be released in the second half of 2021. Will IE11 work with this LTSC?

5 Replies
best response confirmed by bearbook41 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

If you are going to use Windows 10 Enterprise Edition, you can use Internet Explorer. If you have any plan to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, you can still use IE. However, IE is no longer available with any new/fresh installation of Windows 11.

Thank you.
solved.

You are welcome, I'm glad that the above information was useful for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance, I will welcome all the questions you may have.

Just to clarify will LTSC 2021 will not be affected by the IE11 desktop app disable in June 2022 ?
The LTSC 2021 will automatically disable Internet Explorer 11 once it has received a security update, and users will be automatically diverted to Microsoft Edge as the default browser to promote Edge as a more secure and modern browser.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by bearbook41 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

If you are going to use Windows 10 Enterprise Edition, you can use Internet Explorer. If you have any plan to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, you can still use IE. However, IE is no longer available with any new/fresh installation of Windows 11.

View solution in original post