when I will be able to use my OneDrive as a drive to store my Win10 backup ?

Brass Contributor

when I will be able to use my OneDrive as a drive to store my Win10 backup ?

Thanks

7 Replies

I am not sure to understand your question.

Can you please elaborate a bit?

Okay, imaging you go to Settings > Update & Security > Backup, click on "Add a Drive" and instead of seeing "No usable drive found" you get an option to use your OneDrive to store your backup file. 

Ah, you mean File History...

Well, I don't know if it will ever be possible to store File History data in OneDrive.

But, on the other hand, for the files stored in OneDrive you already have Version History, hence you could perhaps move your default data folders (Documents, Pictures etc) to OneDrive, obtaining, therefore, a similar result.

See https://support.office.com/en-us/article/sync-your-documents-folder-with-onedrive-0f4ddfd3-4a72-4013...

I already use OneDrive to store all of my files. What I was thinking of was an OS backup .

But File History is only for data, not for the OS backup...

Hello, you need an external drive for backup and it will keep you all data safe. If you lost original one then you get another copy from your backup drive.There is no way to backup file on one drive!

Thank You

I see the people is missing your point here.Thеir answers are inadequate. It will ve great if Microsoft give us a cloud space where you can store a system backup for people who dont have 2nd drive or free space. Of course you will have to have good connection if you want to make backups and restores from the cloud.