What should I do to recover deleted contacts from Samsung Galaxy?

Copper Contributor

I'm in a bit of a pickle and could really use some guidance. Recently, I accidentally deleted some crucial contacts from my Samsung Galaxy, and I'm desperately trying to recover deleted contacts from Samsng Galaxy.

I've tried searching through my phone's settings and exploring various apps, but I haven't had any luck so far. I've heard that there might be ways to recover deleted contacts using specialized software or through cloud backups, but I'm not sure where to start or which methods are reliable.

If anyone has experience with recovering deleted contacts from Samsung Galaxy, I would greatly appreciate any advice or tips you could offer.

3 Replies

Sure, you can try using a third-party software called "Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android)" to recover deleted contacts from Samsung galaxy on a Windows computer. Here's how you can do it:

1. Download and Install Dr.Fone:
- Visit the official website of Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) and download the software for Windows.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your Windows computer.

2. Connect Your Samsung Device:
- Use a USB cable to connect your Samsung to your Windows computer.
- Enable USB debugging on your Samsung. You can usually find this option in the Developer Options section of your device's Settings. If Developer Options is not visible, go to About Phone and tap on the Build Number multiple times until you see a message saying you are now a developer.
- Once connected, launch Dr.Fone on your computer.

3. Select Data Recovery Mode:
- In Dr.Fone, select the "Data Recovery" option from the main interface.

4. Choose File Types:
- Select "Contacts" or "Contacts and Messages" (if you want to recover both contacts and text messages) from the list of file types.

5. Scan Your Samsung galaxy:
- Click on the "Start" button to begin the scanning process. Dr.Fone will analyze your Samsung galaxy for deleted contacts.

6. Preview and Recover Deleted Contacts from Samsung galaxy:
- After the scanning process is complete, Dr.Fone will display a list of recoverable contacts.
- Preview the contacts to ensure they are the ones you want to recover.
- Select the contacts you want to recover and click on the "Recover" button.
- Choose a location on your computer to save the recovered contacts.

7. Finish:
- Once the recovery process is complete, you should have successfully recovered your deleted contacts from Samsung galaxy.

Remember to regularly back up your contacts to avoid data loss in the future. Additionally, make sure to follow the instructions carefully and be cautious when using third-party software.

@WisonLee 

1. If you have previously backed up your contacts to your Samsung account, you can try restoring them:

• Go to "Settings" on your Samsung Galaxy.
  • Scroll down and tap on "Accounts and backup" or "Accounts."
  • Select "Samsung account."
  • Tap on "Restore data."
  • Choose "Contacts" and select the backup file you want to restore from.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the restoration process.

2. If you have enabled Samsung Cloud backup on your device, you might be able to recover deleted contacts from Samsung Galaxy there:

• Go to "Settings" on your Samsung Galaxy.
  • Scroll down and tap on "Accounts and backup" or "Accounts."
  • Select "Samsung Cloud."
  • Tap on "Restore data."
  • Choose "Contacts" and select the backup file you want to restore from.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the restoration process.

These methods rely on previously enabled backup options on your Samsung Galaxy device. If you haven't enabled any of these features before, unfortunately, there might not be a free built-in method to recover deleted contacts from Samung Galaxy. Regularly backing up your contacts in the future can help prevent data loss.

Did you sign in Samsung account on Galaxy phone? If yes, the it is highly possible to restore the deleted contacts from Samsung account. Also login the Gmail and check if the contacts are synced with it. Otherwise, you have to download an Android data recovery software to help restore deleted contacts from Samsung Galaxy phone.