What are common causes and solutions for QuickBooks Update Error 15311?

Copper Contributor

I'm facing QuickBooks Update Error 15311 while trying to update my software. It's causing delays in accessing new features and security patches. Can anyone provide detailed troubleshooting steps to fix this issue quickly? I need to ensure my QuickBooks is up-to-date for smooth operations.

2 Replies

Hi, @Dorothy_Pearce608 

QuickBooks Update Error 15311 typically occurs due to issues with the installation process or problems with the QB desktop software. Here's how to troubleshoot:

• Run QB as Administrator: Right-click on the QB icon and select "Run as administrator" to ensure proper permissions.
  • Update QB: Ensure you have the latest updates installed by navigating to the Help menu and selecting "Update QB Desktop."
  • Check Internet Settings: Verify that your internet connection is stable and that there are no restrictions blocking QB from accessing the update server.
  • Disable Antivirus/Firewall: Temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall software, as they may be interfering with QB updates.
  • Repair QB Installation: Use the QB Tools Hub to repair the installation and resolve any corrupted files.

Following these steps should help resolve the QB Update Error 15311 and ensure smooth functioning of the software. If the issue persists, contact QB support for further assistance.

Helpline.png

Hi , @Dorothy_Pearce608 

Quick_Books Update Error 15311 is typically caused by incorrect configuration of Internet Explorer settings or problems with digital signatures. To resolve this error, follow these steps:

1. Ensure that your Internet Explorer is set as the default browser.
  2. Verify that your Quick_Books and Internet Explorer are updated to the latest versions.
  3. Check that your security settings allow access to secure sites.
  4. Re-register the Quick_Books-related .DLL files bhow to fix.JPG

y running the Reboot.bat file found in your Quick_Books installation directory.
  5. Verify and install a digital signature certificate for the Quick_Books files.
  6. Restart your computer and attempt the update again.

These steps should help in resolving Quick_Books Update Error 15311 effectively.