Use Multiple Monitors via Teamviewer, Anydesk etc

Copper Contributor

Hi,
We have a situation where running new W10 Pro based machines that have an HDMI and DP outputs that only 1 of these screens can be accessed using a Remote Desktop application. For practicality, applications such as Teamviewer, AnyDesk and Radmin are preferred to Windows Remote Desktop.

Machines are normally fitted with display emulators. Via a remote connection, only a single display is seen. If we connect actual monitors to the PC's then the same problem exists.

This seems to be a general issue. It was never a problem pre W10.

7 Replies
"If we connect actual monitors to the PC's then the same problem exists."
You mean when you connect more than 1 monitor to your graphic card, you only get signal on one of them?

Which Windows 10 version are you using?

Have you talked to your 3rd party remote desktop providers? it sounds like a lack of feature/ability on their side too.

Connecting actual monitors just verifies this seems to be a Windows 10 (Pro) issue. If we enter display properties then the second display cannot be seen. You can use either the HDMI or the DP connection with a single monitor but connect to both and only one is used. We have contacted Intel about the issue but they point out that with W10, Windows now handles the graphics as there is no separate Intel Graphics properties anymore. For whatever reason it seems Windows will not 'see' a second monitor. I am wondering if this is an HDCP / EDID issue.

We have not yet contacted Teamviewer about the issue as this provides multi-monitor support normally, but this is the first time we have tried to do this with Win10 Pro and also the first time we have PC's with dual digital display outputs and one of them being a DP.

You didn't mention your Windows 10 version

Hi, I said it was Windows 10 Pro. 64bit.

Sorry for the delay responding. I am expecting emails notifying a response but its not happening!

@Astrograph 

Sorry I meant this version

fdsfsd.png

gdfgdf.png

You can get it from Windows settings too. Settings => System => about

@Astrograph Splashtop Business Pro handles multiple monitors well.  I have a QEMU VM passing through a GPU with 4 outputs  I have 2 display emulators plugged into the GPU and Splashtop Business Pro allows me to use multiple monitors.  Look at the Business Pro product, the Personal and regular Bussiness products don't support multi-monitor to multi-monitor.

@pjhiggins 

@pjhiggins wrote:

@Astrograph Splashtop Business Pro handles multiple monitors well.  I have a QEMU VM passing through a GPU with 4 outputs  I have 2 display emulators plugged into the GPU and Splashtop Business Pro allows me to use multiple monitors.  Look at the Business Pro product, the Personal and regular Bussiness products don't support multi-monitor to multi-monitor.

Is this an ad?