System restore keeps deleting restore points

Copper Contributor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz

OS Build 19044.1806

Version 21H2

My Win10 computer will not save Restore points beyond something like today. I have not been able to figure out when exactly it erases any and all restore points I create but it is certainly by the next day. I have gone into configure and System protection is On, I have 16gb RAM and 2TB hard drive, 16% is allocated to max usage (and 0% is used, because it erases the RP every day). Protection is on for my C (224 gb SSD) and D (normal 1.8 TB HD) and off for Image and a portable HD (2tb that I use for backup). I am at my wit's end trying to find out what is wrong. Any ideas?

2 Replies

@OnTheRoad411370 

Hi. I also have the same thing on many computers. new installation of Windows, deletes manually saved Windows restore points.
This is an outdated method, it was often a way to attack Windows.
I still have enabled File History, which is saved to an external drive and it works.

Windows 10 - Restore Points are being deleted - Microsoft Community

Thank you for the reference, I didn't find that when I searched for System Restore. I'll try a couple of the suggestions in Windows 10 - Restore Points are being deleted - Microsoft Community, especially creating a new admin acct.