Surface go hangs/freezes after wake up from sleep

Copper Contributor

Hello All,

I updated my surface go with 2004 feature update on 12th June.

My surface go hangs/freezes after it wakes up from sleep or lid close situation. I have 3 minutes screen off and sleep settings in power.

When i try to open any application, it hangs and application never launches. Even task manager hangs.

I disabled 'fast startup' also but doesn't solve my issue.

I can't find hybrid sleep option in advance settings. As this is another solution suggested on internet.

I had this issue during windows insider build of 2004 feature update around 1.5 months back. I had to do fresh reinstall from surface go recovery image downloaded from Microsoft.

Any solution?

Otherwise I will uninstall the update completely if nothing works.

Edit: All my display drivers are updated. Ensured by installing Intel utility to update drivers.

1 Reply

@komal meena check Windows Update and see if there is any pending update?

Open start and search for feedback and open Feedback Hub app and report this issue.

Does it happens if you are plug-in to power supply and when your are on battery too?

You may revert back to previous build using Settings->Update & Security->Recovery , under Go back to previous version of Windows 10 .

But before revert to previous build make sure report issue through Feedback Hub app.