SOLVED

Speed issues when turning Windows 10 on and off

Deleted
Not applicable

I suddenly found that before upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, my startup speed was very slow, but the shutdown speed was very fast. But when I upgraded to Windows 10, the situation was reversed. This is really interesting.:cryingwithlaughter:

5 Replies

Hi @Deleted!

To turn on fast startup you do the following: select [Control Panel Power Options] and choose [Choose what the power button does] then click [Change currently unavailable settings]. Finally, you turn on fast startup.

tang-toc-may-tinh-9

@Mac_Van_Tan 

it's enabled by default and even grayed out for me.

best response
Solution

@Deleted 

Hello ;)

if fast startup is enabled for you by default too like my system, here is something else you can try

Here are two ways you can change which apps will automatically run at startup in Windows 10:

• Select the Start Windows logo Start button button, then select Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Apps > Startup. Make sure any app you want to run at startup is turned On

• If you don’t see the Startup option in Settings, right-click the Start Windows logo Start button button, select Task Manager, then select the Startup tab. (If you don’t see the Startup tab, select More details.) Select the app you want to change, then select Enable to run it at startup or Disable so it doesn’t run. Watch the video to see how to do it. 

Thank you for your answers!
You're welcome :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

@Deleted 

Hello ;)

if fast startup is enabled for you by default too like my system, here is something else you can try

Here are two ways you can change which apps will automatically run at startup in Windows 10:

• Select the Start Windows logo Start button button, then select Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Apps > Startup. Make sure any app you want to run at startup is turned On

• If you don’t see the Startup option in Settings, right-click the Start Windows logo Start button button, select Task Manager, then select the Startup tab. (If you don’t see the Startup tab, select More details.) Select the app you want to change, then select Enable to run it at startup or Disable so it doesn’t run. Watch the video to see how to do it. 

View solution in original post