Software driver development - how to get drivers signed?

Copper Contributor

Hello,

my development team is in a very specific situation. We are developing an encryption app that would "sit" between an e-mail application and the world and encrypt/decrypt e-mails on the fly.

To do this seamlessly, we came up with the idea of a kernel-side driver that filters the traffic. Technically, it can be done, we already have a working prototype.

But how to sign that driver by Microsoft? Every single source of information that concerns signing drivers targets hardware manufacturers only. How can we even begin the process of applying? There is no one to talk to, not a single page that would address the topic - or I haven't found it yet.

Thanks for any tips.

3 Replies

@MKechlibar 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Windows 10 space (assuming the app you are developing is for Windows) - please post Windows 10 questions here in the future. 

@MKechlibar 

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-kernel/ct-p/WindowsKernel

Hello!

If you still haven't received an answer, please ask this question in this Community!