Shrunken images with Windows 10 app

Copper Contributor

Hello Microsoft, 

When printing a photo the printer setting shrinks it to where it is only at the center of the page, example below. When it is a square image, instead of filling the page - the square will show up small and in the center as well.  I'm not sure how this has happened. Also the setting to increase the number of copies to print is no longer viewable. 

Any thoughts are much appreciated! 

Monica 

1 Reply
Hi there,

The problem still exists in the latest Windows 10 insider version 18970 and latest Photos app (preview) version Microsoft Photos 2019.19071.12548.0

for example i have a small image file (300x300) pixels and I open it via Photos app and click on print, then in the "Fit" option i select "Fill page" or "Shrink to fit" but the image size stays intact and doesn't change.
the expected behavior is that when we choose Fill Page, it should stretch the picture to the sides, vertically and horizontally, to Fill the Page, not stay in the middle of the page and leave all of those white areas around it.

I'm filling a bug report on the Feedback Hub app, please upvote it so they will notice and fix it in the next update.
to help even more, you can choose to add more details to the feedback such as screenshot and diagnostic report.
Thanks!

https://aka.ms/AA5zhec