Resolving Q.B Error 404 When Using Features or Updating

Copper Contributor

I am experiencing an issue with Quick-Books and need some assistance. When I try to use certain features or update my Q.B, I receive an error message stating "Error 404: Quick-Books has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I have checked my internet connection and ensured that it is stable, but the error persists.

Could you please provide guidance on how to resolve this error? Any troubleshooting steps or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply

Hi @ClementCForester 

Quick-Books Error 404 typically occurs when Q.B cannot connect to the Intuit server, usually while updating or using online features.

• To resolve this issue, start by verifying your internet connection to ensure it's stable and not blocking Q.B access. Check if other websites and applications can be accessed without issues to rule out broader connectivity problems.
  • Next, update Q.Bs manually by downloading the latest updates from the Quick-Books website. Ensure your Quick-Books software is up to date, as outdated versions may struggle to connect to the server properly.
  • If the error persists, reset your internet settings or configure your firewall and security software to allow Q.B connections. Sometimes, temporary internet files and caches can interfere with connectivity, so clearing these might also help.

For persistent issues, consider consulting Intuit's support resources or community forums for specific guidance, as they can provide tailored solutions to resolve Error 404 effectively.

contact here.jpg