Resolution too low on recovery media

Copper Contributor

Hi there,
I have a problem with booting from a Paragon Recovery-Media USB.
When I use this media on my laptop there is no problem, but when I boot on my PC the resolution is way too low, so I can't rech certain screen-buttons to perform actions.
I have a Geforce GTX 650 video-card. I followed Paragon suggestions to adapt registry in order to force high resolution.
The following keys are in the registry:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers\"x:\programs\Paragon Software\program\hdm17.exe" HIGHDPIAWARE
-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\"DpiScalingVer" 3fa (1018)
-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\"LogPixels" 60 (96)
-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\"Win8DpiScaling" 1(1)
This problem causes that I can't restore a Paragon system-backup.
Please help!

3 Replies

@jscherp 

have you been able to solve it?

I have exactly same issue. I'm running Backup & Recovery soft, and it boots in 640x480 or maybe 800x600 I cannot difference due to is too big, but anyway I cannot use the soft due to resolution is to big for a laptop display. 

I'm running it in a LENOVO L14 GEN2 (14"), here the strange thing.... I have also a LENOVO X13 GEN2 laptop (13") and same booteable usb (iso file) works fine! (reallly extrange, I suppose the issue could be the graphic card driver)...  all these tests was in an M2 SSD booteable USB-C adapter.

Craziest thing... SAME ISO FILE, but in a HDD-USB drive (WD  My PASSPORT)... It works fine in LENOVO L14!!! I cannot really explain that... 

Using HDD-USB via USB-A  works (Good resolution I guess 1024x768).

Using M.2 Adapter via USB-C  doest not works (Bad resolution I guess 640x480).

I tried to edit iso file adding an unnatend.xml file, but it didn't work, after change, iso was corrupt, i'm not an expert. 

I also tried with Hard drive Manager (Another soft from same Suit , and it has the same behavior). 

Hope you have good news...

Regards,

Guillermo.  

@GRaimondo 

Hi GRaimondo,

I finally solved the issue by buying an upgrade of Paragon B&R software.

With this new software I was able to make working version of the recovey-media with the right screen-resolution.

Rgards,

Jan Scherpbier

Hi @jscherp , 

Good to hear that.... I'm my case I finally solved it last night, Backup software was ok, my issue was related to Ventoy. (I'm using Ventoy software to ISO multiboot from USB device). 

I had to add a JSON script to change some configuration in the software.

see you. 

Guillermo.