SOLVED

Reporting Feedback using Feedback Hub app in Windows 10 is always a good idea

Silver Contributor

Hi,

There are times when a user a posting a suggestion or bug or problem in Microsoft forum including Microsoft Technical Community and normally, I will advise them to report it through the Feedback Hub app and some users complain like it is not a good idea to direct users to Feedback Hub app and I would like explain why it is important to ask user to submit a feedback using Feedback Hub app.

I normally guide users through the troubleshooting steps like asking them to run commands, check log files, update drivers and so on. In addition, I am also asking them to submit a feedback through the Feedback Hub app (even if the problem have been solved) because this way I could inform the Windows team about the issue and user could submit log files and Windows team could take pro-active steps.

For example, consider a question where user asked about a display problem and as I engage the question, I discovered it is due to the Graphic Card driver and user update his/her driver and problem have been fixed. In this case, I still ask user to report this issue because this way people with same issue could upvote it and submit feedback and then when Microsoft is aware of the issue, they might include the driver through Windows Update or update Windows , so it won't produce the same issue in future and this way it helps other users.

Wouldn't that be better like users would solve their issues by updating Windows rather than going through posts in forums over and over? Of course, while Windows team working on solving the issue , forum is a good place to find out about manual fix.

In addition, this is a public forum and when we want to troubleshoot the issue, it is not recommended to ask them to publish log files because it might contains personal data and in public forum, it is risk to their privacy , while Feedback Hub is sending log files privately and it is with respect to privacy.

I hope, this post clarify why it is important to ask users to submit issue through the Feedback Hub app in addition to the troubleshooting steps.

45 Replies
Hello,

Apologies for the delay. We have moderated a few comments from this thread and I would like to take this time to please ask that everyone stay on topic for the thread & topic for this discussion.

Cheers,
Dylan
Lead Community Manager

@Dylan Snodgrass 

Thank you for your reply!

But I did not understand what is the order in this case?

Andrew

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for taking these steps and making our community healthy.

@Reza_Ameri 

Community Managers follow the Code in an atmosphere of mutual respect

for me it is obvious!

Your assessments that the applications will be ineffective have not been confirmed!

Sometimes translations can incorrectly select words please understand this too! 

@Reza_Ameri 

Hello!
I was right your application was accepted!
Good luck!

Hi @A1 , yes you were right and I believe they change the CoC a bit.