SOLVED

Reporting Feedback using Feedback Hub app in Windows 10 is always a good idea

Silver Contributor

Hi,

There are times when a user a posting a suggestion or bug or problem in Microsoft forum including Microsoft Technical Community and normally, I will advise them to report it through the Feedback Hub app and some users complain like it is not a good idea to direct users to Feedback Hub app and I would like explain why it is important to ask user to submit a feedback using Feedback Hub app.

I normally guide users through the troubleshooting steps like asking them to run commands, check log files, update drivers and so on. In addition, I am also asking them to submit a feedback through the Feedback Hub app (even if the problem have been solved) because this way I could inform the Windows team about the issue and user could submit log files and Windows team could take pro-active steps.

For example, consider a question where user asked about a display problem and as I engage the question, I discovered it is due to the Graphic Card driver and user update his/her driver and problem have been fixed. In this case, I still ask user to report this issue because this way people with same issue could upvote it and submit feedback and then when Microsoft is aware of the issue, they might include the driver through Windows Update or update Windows , so it won't produce the same issue in future and this way it helps other users.

Wouldn't that be better like users would solve their issues by updating Windows rather than going through posts in forums over and over? Of course, while Windows team working on solving the issue , forum is a good place to find out about manual fix.

In addition, this is a public forum and when we want to troubleshoot the issue, it is not recommended to ask them to publish log files because it might contains personal data and in public forum, it is risk to their privacy , while Feedback Hub is sending log files privately and it is with respect to privacy.

I hope, this post clarify why it is important to ask users to submit issue through the Feedback Hub app in addition to the troubleshooting steps.

45 Replies
Oh i didn't know that, hopefully it will be fixed soon
Hello. Reza_Ameri . Your best answer is missing instructions - how to properly send valuable feedback! At the same time read the supplement that I will give here: Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app
The Feedback Hub app in Windows 10 lets you send problems and suggestions to Microsoft.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/send-feedback-to-microsoft-with-the-feedback-hub-app-f59...
It is a confirmation that this is a very complicated action, requiring experience and only the idea is too little!
Posting a topic and accepting your own comment as best response :D
Feedback Hub has the terrible problem of never getting rid of old issues. So the same old issues are in there with 10,000+ votes, they may even have been fixed, but they just sit there hogging up the top issue spots. That's what it looks like to me, so I just stopped using it.

I send feedback occasionally, but I won't follow it up anymore, the app / system is just no good. If we had a system for closing issues or categorizing them better I might return. But Microsoft have had years to do something about it, and they are just so slow. I give up.
Hello. Please another user who does not trust this form of feedback to Microsoft, and was involved and now also participates in the discussion - because he sees the problem and wants improvements! Thank you very much. Andrzej
Microsoft Tech Community sending me email and asked me to mark as an answer. Actually, this is discussion rather than question but we couldn't select different format for discussion and questions so I have to mark the one which I personally believe is more closer to my desire answer as an answer.
Hello. I, too, was in such a situation, but on my subject for a long time - no one answered and also received a request from the MTC to tick the answer! I'm constantly wondering if I did the right thing - I'm a guest here and I don't really know all the rules of the MTC! My earlier post was aimed at adding a description of the procedure when creating a valuable opinion and perhaps an unfortunate translation showed otherwise for which I apologise!
You don't have to mark one, it's a generic Email.
if I wanted to do the same then I would have 9999 fake accepted answers on my profile.
Hi HotCakeX - Well that I asked for me this is a very valuable suggestion! I thought that after a certain time it should be marked to end the discussion! Now I understand that I have to ignore such emails from MTC. I am very pleased that I explained it - it is worth asking questions! Thank you so much!
Feel welcome to discuss this topic here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/community-discussion/marking-the-topic-as-the-best-answer-in-...
Yes, there are room for so much improvements in MTC, it's far from perfect :)
I believe there is a need for two categories one as Questions where it is like this one and another as a Discussion where we could add comment. There is a possibility to write article and blog where they won't ask to mark answer but it is not for everyone and it is only open to Microsoft Employees.
Hello! Your answer doesn't explain anything! If someone is not a Microsoft employee, let them ask the MTC community, and do not announce their messages as obvious truth and still mean an answer that does not even have instructions - which in my opinion was necessary! The topic for discussion is an important issue - I am learning all the time!

@Reza_Ameri 

Please explain what comment is involved?

Persuading the MTC to ignore the comments of other Members is a new experience for me! 

I miss your justification that could convince others!  

Good question and thank you for that.
Earlier there was a comment telling "we should refrain from setting fake comments as best responses."
I consider this language of speaking offensive, while I permit logical and polite critics, I won't tolerance comment sounds like offensive. However, this is not consider a CoC violation in this forum (while this is the case in other forums and such a posts will be removed.)
In case, I post a reply directly to the user like telling be respectful, then I expected to receive similar comment (I had the same experience) and this would turn a healthy discussion in this community into a ground for personal argument and this is what I don't want. Therefore, I simply ask users to ignore such comments and if there was any other offensive reply by the user, I will ignore.

@Reza_Ameri 

Hello 

I think you don't have to worry about one comment!

And was the request submitted to the Moderator?

But writing to ignore may not be effective!

I don't see the insult - since then I no longer mark my own answers as the best, even as no one else has responded.

@Deleted 

Yes, I reported this post and other posts to moderator, but as you can see no action.

In case there was any objection, it should be a post like "I don't think this is good idea to mark a comment you post as an answer" instead of calling it as "fake comment". 

@Reza_Ameri 

It is best to disable comments on this topic!

Your explanations are sufficient!

Write a private message to Manager MTC Allen and ask - it will definitely help!

Thank you @Deleted 

I am unable to disable the comment and even delete them (this is in the hand of moderators).

In past, I did contact him and other moderators but unfortunately no help.

Well, I will try to report the post again but I don't think it will be removed.