SOLVED

Reporting Feedback using Feedback Hub app in Windows 10 is always a good idea

Silver Contributor

Hi,

There are times when a user a posting a suggestion or bug or problem in Microsoft forum including Microsoft Technical Community and normally, I will advise them to report it through the Feedback Hub app and some users complain like it is not a good idea to direct users to Feedback Hub app and I would like explain why it is important to ask user to submit a feedback using Feedback Hub app.

I normally guide users through the troubleshooting steps like asking them to run commands, check log files, update drivers and so on. In addition, I am also asking them to submit a feedback through the Feedback Hub app (even if the problem have been solved) because this way I could inform the Windows team about the issue and user could submit log files and Windows team could take pro-active steps.

For example, consider a question where user asked about a display problem and as I engage the question, I discovered it is due to the Graphic Card driver and user update his/her driver and problem have been fixed. In this case, I still ask user to report this issue because this way people with same issue could upvote it and submit feedback and then when Microsoft is aware of the issue, they might include the driver through Windows Update or update Windows , so it won't produce the same issue in future and this way it helps other users.

Wouldn't that be better like users would solve their issues by updating Windows rather than going through posts in forums over and over? Of course, while Windows team working on solving the issue , forum is a good place to find out about manual fix.

In addition, this is a public forum and when we want to troubleshoot the issue, it is not recommended to ask them to publish log files because it might contains personal data and in public forum, it is risk to their privacy , while Feedback Hub is sending log files privately and it is with respect to privacy.

I hope, this post clarify why it is important to ask users to submit issue through the Feedback Hub app in addition to the troubleshooting steps.

45 Replies

@Reza_Ameri 

You also have to remember that feedback hub is not a 2 way method of communication, not for tech support, not every problem someone is experiencing should be reported in feedback hub. if that was the answer to everything, there wouldn't be any support forums.

and if you or someone else doesn't know the answer to the problem, still not good to suggest feedback hub, maybe someone else knows how to help them.

if the problem is caused by a 3rd party software, Windows team can't do anything about it, they can't change anything in Windows for that one software.

another fact to remember is that Feedback hub is filled with lots of posts, that include but not limited to, off-topic, spam, content-free etc., and also as Windows devs themselves said when asked, they can't attend to every single piece of feedback.

the 3rd important fact is that Windows automatically sends telemetry and diagnostic data and problem reports to the Microsoft.

Witam mam bardzo ważne pytanie! Czy sugerujesz użycie Centrum opinii — i czy informacje o błędach przy użyciu tego narzędzia — czy jest to aplikacja Microsoft Store? proszę rozwinąć ten temat który jest dla mnie bardzo interesujący! Czekam na więcej informacji! Andrzej

Please feedback on this tool (can be a recommendation - user manual)

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NBLGGH4R32N

That's the feedback hub app, yes.
that's the same tool.

Hi Now I just saw that it is in Polish I shared - I have already changed - please forgive me (automatic translation shows everything in my language) only the entry as not logged in led to an explanation) The topic of communication with the Feedback Center is just constant errors in assigning the topic to the problem and its solution for the future is a very strategic topic - the relationship of notification and acceptance of the application by Microsoft it should be better refined for the benefit of all concerned! Thank you Andrew Hi! Feedback Hub app for Windows 10 - how does it work? Is it simple and worth using? Does this help you send feedback? Describe your experience is important to me! Because I think this app works badly! This is complicated, and the normal user is not able to properly follow the next steps - including correctly submit feedback! The procedure in which a topic is automatically assigned introduces an error, manually selecting a topic requires a lot of experience and most often fails! This is a place where you can read offensive texts of hejtu and certainly such entries are visible for months. This product needs to be improved and should not currently be recommended as a solid tool! Frequent feedback requests when opening other apps are very annoying and interfere with your work. Recommending this tool to everyone is not appropriate! Writing in a language other than English, there are practically no official answers and no one analyzes users' posts! Having an internal account for testers looks much better! I am writing about an app for the average user who does not want to use this product because he does not trust that his opinion is needed and will be used to improve Microsoft products! Please convince everyone that this is not true. I do not recommend this application! Please write your opinions on this topic Thank you Andrew 

just wanna say it's hard to read when you write in that font.
I don't understand? is there a bad translation? or too big Trzcionka? explain please .
best response confirmed by Reza_Ameri (Silver Contributor)
Solution

What I mentioned was Feedback Hub is not the replacement for solution but it is additional steps. I will first share my solution and then ask them to send a feedback but sometimes it is a bug and would required investigation and in this case the only way is to file a report. Like you say it is not a two way communication but it gives data and insight to make it smarter. Not every user set to send all data to Microsoft and Feedback Hub is a good way to make sure feedback will be sent to the Windows team and others with the same issue would be able to upvote so it goes to priority.

Feedback Hub is NOT a replacement for this forum or support but it is additional steps.

@Deleted 

@Deleted wrote:
I don't understand? is there a bad translation? or too big Trzcionka? explain please .

the font.

it's abnormal 

Hello everyone
But people don't want to take extra steps (they're fed up with Windows issues, they don't have confidence in the Feedback Center – because they don't see support and feedback gathers time and it's complicated – persuading them to do extra is just annoying for them!

@Reza_Ameri 

Spoiler

@Reza_Ameri wrote:

What I mentioned was Feedback Hub is not the replacement for solution but it is additional steps. I will first share my solution and then ask them to send a feedback but sometimes it is a bug and would required investigation and in this case the only way is to file a report. Like you say it is not a two way communication but it gives data and insight to make it smarter. Not every user set to send all data to Microsoft and Feedback Hub is a good way to make sure feedback will be sent to the Windows team and others with the same issue would be able to upvote so it goes to priority.

Feedback Hub is NOT a replacement for this forum or support but it is additional steps.

@Reza_Ameri 

Not really,

feedback hub is not helping the user, they don't usually get reply back to solve a problem.

so everything i already said, plus, the fact that if a feedback with low upvote count, gets ever viewed by someone at Microsoft and they decide whether or not drop a reply, it will be useless, because it will be too long, not in a timely fashion.

if the problem is caused by a 3rd party software, Windows team can't do anything about it, they can't change anything in Windows for that one software.

so again, feedback hub is not good suggestion.

for example, if a 3rd party software change/remove an entry in the right-click context menu of Windows then if user posts about it in feedback hub, it's not useful at all. because Microsoft can't do anything about it, because the Windows is working fine, it's the 3rd party software that made that change.

or take Photoshop as an example, if it changes something in Windows, with files, extensions, or corrupts something as a result of a bug, then posting about it in feedback hub is not useful, because again not Windows' problem.

Like I said we help them to solve the issue AND ask them to submit a feedback.
However, it is up to them whether submit it or not.
All right! I am trying to show that your behavior does not lead to the intended effect - because the Application Feedback Center unfortunately has a lot of flaws and can not be properly used by people who can no longer configure the repair themselves and take the next steps to restore the proper functioning of the system. I do not criticize your way of proceeding! For me, just this tool doesn't work, it's not effective for Microsoft teams, they're not properly communicated as reviews that don't include the right Windows app. I wrote a very often before and I tell my experiences, previously it was possible to participate in improving the language versions for the system also participated in this = but as my fixes saw in the new version of the system I knew that it works and actually participate in something important for everyone. Currently, I have a lot of doubts and I want to improve this feedback formula even machine-based evaluation of the value of submitted reviews would encourage users to get involved! I think I was already well understood? Thank you Andrew
I got your point, however sharing idea through the Feedback Hub is what Windows team encourage users to do so. You might not have seen any impact or improvement but I did. For example, I have been helping number of devices to solve their problem and once they have been fixed, they thank me for that and I help them to submit a valuable feedback.
I understand your point and experience with the Feedback Hub app and because I am not the product manager for the Feedback Hub, I couldn't comment on it. I hope someone from Windows team would review this question and provide some answers. May be collect your feedbacks and send them to the team and they decide on the next step.
Idea is different than technical problems and difficulties though.
ideas are great, as suggestions in feedback hub, which have their own category.
Hello thank you for your reply! My goal is to draw attention to something that needs to be improved and I try to demonstrate that most non-English-speaking users are ignored and nothing works enough to provide the good service that the user requires This discussion will allow you to pay attention to this important topic! is great as you can see the effects of your actions it encourages you to get involved and that's missing in the Feedback Center for Windows 10 Good luck
Automatic translation makes a change to my language Polish - when I edit I have to check how I share Very sorry = I was often convinced that I share in English, it was my mistake I have to pay attention to it! All the time we are wrong sometimes we make mistakes looking for other reasons important to admit the error and apologize! Thank you
Thank you for participating and sharing your concerns.
That's okay, don't worry about it, we all have mistakes :)
So additionally explain that on the MTC site I have disabled HTML because I use a screen reader and messages about using HTML very disturbing! And when you turn off is plain text when editing I use zooms and shared capital letters and still seeing that everything ok because the usual ordinary fonds was visible = it is worth discussing because it causes an error too quickly and as you can see the automatic translation tools are great, but the next steps cause an error in principle in IT is the man is the most unstable. Currently, solutions are being analysed so that your organisation does not use passwords that the user enters it will be another method much more reliable! Thank you for your support. Andrzej
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Reza_Ameri (Silver Contributor)
Solution

View solution in original post