Remote Desktop App Randomly Moves to Background Behind Other Windows

Copper Contributor

We've been having issues with a Remote Desktop App for one of our applications on Windows Server 2008 R2.  When a user has the app opened on top of another window and they type something or click on an icon within the remote app, it will move to the background.  For instance, if a user has the remote app on top of Outlook, it will move behind Outlook when they are working within it – it does not minimize.  This appears to only be happening on Windows 10 machines.  This is a compatibility issue with Windows 10 and Windows 2008 from which the app was created? and Any suggestions on how to fix this? 

1 Reply

I've been having the same problem with an app for a while now, but my app (the current version of SQL Server Management Studio) is on W2K12 R2.  I have tried editing the .RDP file and changing a few of the options but nothing I have tried has resolved it.

I believe it may be related to video drivers because I did not have this issue until I got a new laptop.  Obviously many other things also changed at that time, but the one thing that did not change was the app - it worked on my old laptop and it does not work on my current one.