May 21 2018 03:18 PM
May 21 2018 03:18 PM
There is an original post talking about this same thing happening in build 17134.1. I'm seeing it in build 17134.48. Looks like a bug from 17134.1 made it into the RTM.
One guy mentioned that mileage may vary, which I've also seen, but the main problem is that in remote desktop applications, the right-click and menu items are invisible. You can still click on them if you can guess where they are and sometimes they eventually appear.
It also appears to happen in RDS 2012, and in my RDS 2012 R2.
One workaround is to disable Remote FX in policy:
Computer Configuration/Policies/Admin Templates/Windows Components/Remote Desktop Services/Remote Desktop Session Host/Remote Session Environment: Use advanced RemoteFX graphics for RemoteApp – Disabled
Another possible source is the May update KB4103714 in 1709. Again, mileage may vary.
I'm not sure what the reciprocal updates that are supposedly causing this problem are in 1607, and 1703.
It is a known issue, I believe, mentioned here, but not exactly the same issue as post originates in November 2017:
The mention for build 17134.1 is here:
And that's as far as I've gotten.
Jun 11 2018 02:24 AM
Some say the issue can be resolved by disabling RemoteFX on the server (users needs to be signed off).
But the real issue is in the updated mstsc.exe client. Reverting to the old client helps.
Microsoft will release a fix end of june for Windows 10 1803. Saw this message somewhere :
Hello - We have plans to release an official fix for 1803 in the last week of June. I will provide the KB number as soon as it becomes available. This will address the right-click context menu (e.g. pop-up windows) issue specific to 1803 running as a RemoteApp.
Sr. Escalation Engineer | Support
Jun 14 2018 10:08 AM - edited Jun 15 2018 10:25 AM
The June Cumulative update seems to have fixed this issue in 1803.
Scratch that! The June Cumulative did not fix it...
Jun 19 2018 01:36 PM - edited Jun 19 2018 02:10 PM
I called Premiere Support. They suggested copying the MSTSC.exe and mstscax.dll file from 1709 and registering that dll (Regsvr32).
Of course, there is the whole mess of taking ownership of the files, etc and replacing them, which takes some work, but I got it to work!
Jun 19 2018 02:37 PM
This has some scripts that should help.
Jul 25 2018 07:41 AMSolution
KB4284848 seems to have fixed the problem.