Recent Keypad issues on Windows 10 machines

Iron Contributor

While typing numbers using the keypad, the numlock stops working. It ignores the numbers.

You have to toggle the numlock off and then on again for numbers to work again.

We have several people reporting this problem recently in the past 2 weeks, with more reporting the problem this week.

We tried moving the USB keyboard to a different port and disabling Fast Startup.

We also use AVD, so we tried uninstalling/reinstalling the latest client version (1.2.2924.0).

We use different desktop computers, and this has been reported on different models, but they have Windows 10 and different versions of the OS.

It does not happen in all applications.

Problem is sporadic.

We are not able to pin point what is triggering this problem, a few of us have tried to duplicate the problem, but are unsuccessful.

Also one of the spouses of our users reported this problem at her company too.

Can anyone help us or do you report the same problem?

Thanks,

Denise

7 Replies
Hey Denise,

We have also seen this issue in our AVD environment and had previously assumed that this issue was related to the latest client.
Did I understand you correctly that this also occurs locally?
Hi Dennis,
The majority of keypad usage is with Applications on AVD. We have local Desktops.
I believe one person reported this happened on their local desktop in Email and in Applications on AVD. Another person reported the problem happened one day in an application on AVD and then they have not had the problem since.

I tried using both Applications on AVD and on the Desktop on AVD and have not been able to reproduce the problem.

Very frustrating...

Denise
Hey Denise,
seems that some more people having this problem with the version 1.2.2924 if the client.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-virtual-desktop/over-the-past-week-users-have-had-issue...
Hi Dennis,
Yes, the version 1.2.2924 seems to be the trouble. We downgraded one person yesterday to the previous version 1.2.2860. She also reported this happens when she Alt-Tabs between screens while using the keypad to enter orders. Another person said the same thing.

Here is where you can get the previous version.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/windowsdeskto...

I'll keep you updated to our findings.

Denise
Rolling back to version 2860 worked. Now we are testing the new version released yesterday.
We have reports that the latest 2925 does not fix the problem.
We do have confirmation that 2927 version does fix the keypad problem.