Problems updating windows 10 and sign in.

Copper Contributor
Hello,whenI try to install windiws 10 updates,it stuck at 75%,then screen goes black.i turn off the PC,installation goes up to 84% and gets stuck again,then when I restart PC,windiws goes back to the previous version.I tried this several times but I keep encounter same problem.

Next problem I came across after bring redirected to the previous version I was not able to access my Microsoft account although I provided the correct password,I think the problem is attributed to being unable to access my desktop and controlling wi fi networks.
What can I do about these two issues.
Thank you.
1 Reply

Hi @always_smile 

please try the following methods:

Spoiler

Tips for a successful Windows 10 upgrade

1. Disconnect multiple hard disks.

If you have more than one hard disk installed in your computer, disconnect all the of them(including external hard disk, USB key, memory card, etc) except the target hard disk where Windows 10 will be installed. 

2. Disable your security utilities.

If you have any security program including Antivirus, AntiSpyware and Firewall utilities installed on your computer, please disable or even uninstall them.

3. Make sure you have enough disk space available.

4. Make sure you select the right partition during setup.

If you still encountered Windows 10 Redstone fail to upgrade problem after you did all the above things, you can try the following methods to fix the problem. 

Method 1: Fix Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 75% or 76% problem by changing the system locale to English

A member found out that Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 76% problem only occur to non-English locale. So you can try to change the system locale to English, run the update again, and change the locale back. Here's how to change the system locale.

1. Search for "region" and run it, it's a Control Panel settings.

2. There are 3 tabs, choose the "Administrative" tab.

3. There are 2 settings. The one in the bottom is "Language for non-Unicode programs". change "Current language for non-Unicode programs:" by using the button "Change system locale...", choose "English (United States)" before running build 11082 updates, and choose your preferred language.

4. Restart is required after changing system locale.

Method 2: Fix Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 75% or 76% problem with Troubleshooter

Probably the simplest solution for Windows 10 upgrade failure problem is running the Windows Update Troubleshooter. But I'm not sure how effective it is, so if it doesn't solve the problem, go and try some other solutions listed below.

1.Press "Windows + X" and select Control panel.

2. In the search box, type troubleshoot and open Troubleshooter.

3. Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Updates.

4. Wait for the wizard to complete the check and see if the problem is resolved

Method 3: Fix Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 75% or 76% problem by deleting Software Distribution folder

If none of the above solutions can help you to solve Windows 10 hangs on Redstone 11082 upgrading problem, you can try to delete Software Distribution folder. So, here's how to delete it safely:

1. Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder and delete everything in it.

2. Now right click on the "Start Menu" button and open Command Prompt (Admin).

3. Enter the following command and press "Enter": exe/update now.

4. Go to Windows Update and check if the problem is solved.