“PrintNightmare” KB5004945 update fails with error 0x800f0922

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

Hoping for an easy solution. I'm just a regular user, with a single computer, no network drives, no servers, no VPN, nothing crazy. Just a single laptop running, unfortunately, Win10.

Trying to apply the aforementioned update KB5004945 fails on the system.

This is a new (2 month old) Asus, updated to Windows 10, version 21H1. After the system arrived, the SSD was upgraded and a completely clean install from a Windows ISO, not a mfg system image, was done.

The last 3 days, I have tried to Apply the downloaded update and the process seems to go through as required, but then it fails and uninstalls. Screenshot attached.

Any thoughts how I can get this to install? 

23 Replies
I didn't postpone updates but rather re-scheduled it for later. This way I can get other updates that do not require KB5004945 as a pre-req. I am okay with waiting as I do not have any connected printers that could be affected by this update.

@MadDogDean 

Hello everyone.

It now recommends downloading and installing Update KB5004237 this fix should fix previous problems - good luck!

Zrzut ekranu 2021-07-13 224234.png

@Drudel 

This is the solution that is already available! for this reason I offered to wait - but everything explained!

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/07/14/windows-10-build-19043-1110-is-now-available-download-offli...