Please suggest me solution for data recovery as I've completely lost my data from hard disk

Copper Contributor

I've used windows 10 bootable pendrive to boot in c drive in my dell laptop. I've formatted the C drive after that when I've install windows it was not able to install in C drive, finds some solution from internet that when I convert MBR file to GPT file windows will install. So l have used command prompt to convert c drive. But it was denied and so I have used clear option in command prompt. Due to this my d and e drive accidentally clear. I've lost all data for d and e drive which I've stored almost 10 years. After that I want to recover my data therefore I've given my laptop to expert who have installed windows 10 in C drive. After that they recovered data by using some recovery tools. By the recovery tool they provide data in separate folder as jpg file, mp4 file, doc file etc. but the file name was changed and I've not got recovered data as my folder and file name structure which was as before installing windows. When they installed windows on my system only C drive is there after that they allocated one more drive i.e. D drive. Before installing windows I've 3 drive in my system i.e. c,d and e. After formatting and reinstalled windows it shows 2 drive i.e. c and d. I have also used data recovery tools with help of YouTube video. After scanning full drive by recovery tool, it shows one drive with same folder name structure. But still one drive was missing. I am sharing image which I have taken after data recovery tools. Now my question is that after these happened to my system can I recover my full data from system which I've lost with same folder ne structure. Please suggest me the solution for data recovery It will help me like life saving.

IMG20220813082847.jpg

4 Replies

@Gunjan_Bbdnitn_007 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Windows 10 space - please post Windows 10 questions here in the future. 

@Gunjan_Bbdnitn_007 

Hi, I think it's a big success to recover files, but sorting by folders and names as it was before is rather not possible, you can only do it manually.
I suggest great caution, MTC is not Microsoft support.

Losing data from a hard disk can be a frustrating and stressful experience, but there are several solutions available that may help you recover your lost data. Here are a few options:

Restore from backup: If you have a backup of your data, restoring from that backup is often the easiest and most reliable way to recover your lost files. You can check to see if you have a backup on an external hard drive, cloud storage service, or other backup location.

Use data recovery software: There are many data recovery software programs available that can help you recover your lost data from your hard disk. Some popular options include EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, Recuva, and Disk Drill. These programs work by scanning your hard disk for deleted or lost files and then attempting to recover them.

Contact a data recovery service: If you are unable to recover your lost data using software or other methods, you may need to contact a professional data recovery service. These services can often recover data from damaged hard disks, even if the data is not recoverable using other methods. However, data recovery services can be expensive, so be sure to weigh the cost against the value of the lost data.

It's important to note that in some cases, data may be unrecoverable, especially if the hard disk has been physically damaged or overwritten. To prevent data loss in the future, be sure to regularly back up your important files and consider using a cloud storage service to ensure your data is always accessible from multiple locations.