Hi.

My system info:

Gigabyte RTX 3070

Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB Ram

Intel i7-9700F

Msi Mpgz390 gaming pro carbon mobo

Corsair RM1000X 1000W Psu

My issue:

As of July 2021, my pc restarts when gaming. I have replaced my psu, replaced my mobo, factory reset windows, flashed and updated my mobo bios, run windows 10 debloater, underclocked cpu, underclocked ram, replaced my ram, uninstalled all available windows updates, enabled safe boot in my bios, disabled fast boot and have also updated all my drivers.

Each time I've made a change and it didn't help resolve the issue, I have reversed the changes. 

After looking at event viewer, I have noticed that one of my reboots that happened at 22:23:16 had a new set of logs at 22:23:15 for "Hyper-V-Hypervisor". There are 5 logs in total which start off with:

.Hypervisor successfully started. (Event ID 1)

.Hypervisor scheduler type is 0x4. (Event ID 2)

.Hypervisor initialized I/O remapping.  (Event ID 129)

.Hypervisor configured mitigations for CVE-2018-3646 for virtual machines. (Event ID 156)

.Hypervisor configured mitigations for CVE-2019-11091, CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130 for virtual machines. (Event ID 165)

After some googling, it seemed that Hyper-V may be my issue due to these events being logged 1ms before my Critical Event 41 error in event viewer... however there's a problem with this.

I cannot disable Hyper-V due to currently only having Windows 10 Home and not Windows 10 Pro.

My question here is:

How is Hyper-V even launching to begin with?

How can I disable Hyper-V on windows 10 home? 

Before you go finding forums on disabling hyper V (for example, this one: Disable Hyper-V to run virtualization software - Windows Client | Microsoft Docs

Please note that this is only possible on windows 10 pro.

On windows 10 home, Hyper-V does not show in Control Panel.

The Powershell command: Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-Hypervisor. Also does not work due to Powershell not being able to find Hyper-V to begin with.

Can anyone suggest to me what could be causing my issue? I've spent almost 3 months reading every forum I could find for Event logs surrounding things like 'npsvctrig' and 'FileCrypt' and other similar events that are constantly being logged in event viewer upon each crash and nothing that has been suggested seems to have worked out for me.

If you require anything such as a copy of the log files, could you please respond to my query and explain to me how to obtain said log files?

Kind Regards,

- Brandon

1 Reply
This board is for things related to Microsoft Learn and Microsoft Certifications. I would recommend reaching out on the Windows Community
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows/ct-p/Windows10