Non-Unicode (UTF-8) Program in Windows 10

Copper Contributor

Dear Microsoft developers, we have a difficult problem today and we need your help in problem solving.

We are software company and we are active user of the Microsoft products and we are going to stay with you. We are using in our practice Office 363, operating systems Windows Server, Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows XP and many cloud services.

Unfortunately, after the appearance of the checkbox « the Beta version: use Unicode (UTF-8) to support the language worldwide» in the language settings «Regional standards» of the beta version of Windows we began to experience critical problems with the work of our programs on your operating system.

When the checkbox is activated, the Unified Platform application starts, but does not pull up the products purchased by users, that is, it does not fulfill its main function the product launcher. Any requests to the database in UTF-8 encoding are not recognized or incorrectly recognized by our products.

Considering that today a huge number of customers (more than 160 thousand people) use our products, and modification our applications and systems to coding for new standards will take several years, we urge you not to turn on the setting «Use Unicode (UTF-8) to support the language all over the world» by default in the new version of Windows, and make exceptions to it for running and working our programs.

We are ready to provide you any information that may be necessary to add our programs to exceptions and we can answer all your questions.

Thank you for your understanding.

3 Replies

@lizanet 

How to install Punjabi India unicode UTF-8 keyboard which is already enabled on Windows 10 PC?

@lizanet Is it possible to control this feature ("Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support") via GPO?  I've searched for hours, but with no luck.  If it's just makes a change to the registry, please can you post the keys and values that are modified.  (I am aware that changes to the setting require a system reboot to take effect)

yes I have the same problem Non-Unicode in windows 10 it work fine i was using word 365 

now it is like ÊÑÌãÉ æÊÚÏíá i can not read it I now it is a font but what font is it @MikeS1965