New windows 10 updates create login issues

Copper Contributor

Hope I have the correct forum

New windows 10 updates create login issues: Since the new update I can not log-in to my gmail account.

I did a system restore to a date before the the update and after restart I was able to log-in to my gmail account using Firefox browser. My browser is up to date, did all the suggested fixes from google and non fixed the problem.

When the log-in screen is displayed I enter my user-id and click next. There is no response to click next and the screen does not change to the password screen.

The update was the only change to my system configuration and this was not a problem 3 days ago.  Thought I stopped automatic update in settings but the updates reloaded and again not able to get to my gmail account.

I later used YouTube to find the correct steps to disable the automatic update feature. I have not found any other reference to this problem in my search to correct the problem.

Can anyone assist?

6 Replies
Did you associate your Gmail account to the Microsoft Account to login to your system?
Or
You are having an issue with login with your Gmail account in the browser?
If that is the case, are you seeing any error message?
Q1 - No
Q2 -Can not logiin with Gmail account in my Firefox browser. Doctor order me a device to assist with a post operation problem. Tried to get more information through YouTube but it requires age verification and had to sign in to my Gmail account to see a video of how to use.

My workaround was to use Bing to view the video since verification not required.
Tried to do another restore but the restore point last used is no longer showing.
As stated before this was not a problem 3 days ago, but the last restore clearly show the updated created this problem.

Went over all the things a looked at to fixed the problem and ran the trouble shooter for windows update
there were some repaires and after completion "KB5006670" was downloaded/installed.
I restarted the computer and problem still there. Login screen for Gmail not functional.

Ran update trouble shooter again and it found no problems.

I am at s loss to what to do. I am lucky that Gmail is not my main email account, I can login
into yahoo.com with no problem.

Tried to login to opensubtitle.org and it no longer accept my userdid or password and I am
a VIP member.

Device name DESKTOP-CLARK
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
Device ID 12098862-DABC-4E99-A13C-187AA921BB84
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Installed on ?6/?25/?2020
OS build 19043.1237
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0
Would like to add I can login to Gmail from my cell phone no problem.
Would like to add I can login to Gmail from my cell phone no problem.
Hello
I suggest you try to sign in through the Edge browser after signing in and syncing with your Microsoft account.
Of course, disable blocking cookies, it also does not allow you to log in.
In this case, try login with the Microsoft Edge and see if the problem persist?