NEO2 keyboard layout missing

Copper Contributor

Please add native support for the German ergonomic NEO2 keyboard layout:

It is supported out of the box on most other operating systems. On Windows, one has to rely on a third-party keyboard driver, and I'm afraid that driver would cease to function in future Windows updates / releases. I'm heavily used to NEO2, and I'd hate to have to go back to QWERTY.

6 Replies
Agreed. At least in the German community there's a significant portion of (mostly tech-affine, but still) people using NEO2.

@fhajji If that's relevant for you, I noted that the usual driver installation works fine after locking the screen and logging back in. Before doing that, I cannot select NEO2.

I also vaguely remember tweaking something in the registry, but I would have to look that up.
I also became familiar with the neo2 layout on linux in university and now at work it is a real pain point on windows that there is no native support.

Neo2 is my default layout for about 10 years. All these years it is a pain in you-know-where if you have to work on a Windows computers in an enterprise with strong security guidelines. In contrast, Linux supports Neo2 for many years already without any issues. It shouldn't be a big effort for Microsoft team just to add one layout in Windows. All needed barebone code for Neo2 is available for a long time.

Please, add the native support for Neo2!

P.S. I am typing this from Linux, because I am neither allowed to install anything on the enterprise notebook nor customize the layout using 3rd party artifacts modifying the registry

@fhajji 

In start menu search for feedback and open Feedback Hub app and share this issue.

In case you have any other issues, make sure report them too.

@Reza_Ameri-Archived 

I add myself to the line of devoted NEO2 users! Please support!

I first thought this is a bug after switching from Apple but it seems like this is simply not integrated lol. Please fix this.