MSN News Comments

New Contributor

I like to read MSN News articles and then leave comments underneath the article. Suddenly I am unable to access the comments sections at all.

Also, I received email alerts when anyone replied to me. Then I click on their reply and go straight in to answer them. Now I am unable to do this at all. 

It is as if I have been completely blocked by MSN. No explanations. what could be the ploblem?

How do I overcome it? Just using Edge and Winsows 10.

6 Replies

@tf7333 

I checked my browser settings and that made no difference. I tried InPrivate browsing and that appeared to work but was not 100%, maybe the messages I could not access were replies to me that had been deleted by the moderator in which case I would see them in my email but they would not be in MSN comments. I tried a different laptop that did not have any changes to it and that worked fine except for  replies to myself which had been deleted by the moderator for policy violation - nasty right wing rabble in this country now. That told me the problem was on the original laptop; the only 2 changes I had made were with Windows 10 update and changing my antivirus software. I bet it is the Anti-virus software.

@tf7333   It isn't "right wing" stopping your news.  IT IS TRUDEAU stopping the commenting because he isn't man enough to handle it and that is "left wing".   THIS IS THE TRUTH about that.  HE REFUSES to be a leader of the country by SILENCING those that oppose him. 

@tf7333 I have Edge 11, when I attempt to sign into an MSN community forum and sign in, the sign in window pops up with options, I choose to sign in with my MSN account, I click it, a new window shows up then goes away, the sign in popup is still there. I refresh the page and for a millisecond I am able to sign in, I know it is a millisecond because by the time I reply to anything, the next message is stating your session has expired.  I have sent several feedback messages to MSN, as of today's date I have not receive a reply.

I have the same issue.

Sign In With Microsoft Account Instead Not Working | Password Recovery (top-password.com)
From what I found you must enable Group Policy Editor which is not included on Windows 10 & 11.

How To Fix Windows Cannot Find gpedit.msc Error (minitool.com)
Major Geeks has a workaround/fix.
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/add_gpedit_msc_with_powershell.html

@_r8dj_ LATELY WHEN TRYING TO COMMENT ON msn NEWS FEEDS i HAD TO HIT SIGN IN  TO COMMENT. eVEN THOUGH i am signed in already !! nOW i HIT THE SIGN IN  AND NOTHING WORKS. I CAN READ COMMENTS BUT i CAN'T POST ANY. iT SAYS SIGN IN. i AM SIGNED IN. i EVEN SIGNED OUT,CHANGED PROFILE PASSWORD. help!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry just noticed caps lock was on.

THIS is my issue/problem as well! Even after signing in, then typing comment it says the "session has expired" and I have to go through the entire process AGAIN.