SOLVED

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Photos App

Copper Contributor

I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043) on my 8-year old Dell Laptop (Inspiron 5523 with Dual core i7 processor) yesterday. Other than the OS, there is nothing on this laptop now. I don't see the "New Video" option in the menu bar of the Photos App. Would anyone know why? My start window is in the screenshot Photos-Start and the window when I play a video is in the screenshot Photos-Video. Thanks!

3 Replies
best response confirmed by DrMurali (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello
Check for updates in the Microsoft Store , and then in settings add the folders where your videos are on your computer.
Greetings
Thank you very much, Andrzej1! Your suggestion to do the update from the Microsoft Store worked! I am able to see all the video editing functionality now. I cannot believe that I needed to do this after a clean install and after several Windows updates.
Very well!
You are welcome.
Thank you for the topic - downloading updates directly from the Microsoft Store is correct because it updates to the latest version that is available.
Best regards
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DrMurali (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello
Check for updates in the Microsoft Store , and then in settings add the folders where your videos are on your computer.
Greetings

View solution in original post