SOLVED

Microsoft Photos app preview

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello, 

I want to add a preview of Microsoft Photos and it writes to me...

Sorry we couldn't add you to the photos preview program

How to fix this error?

Thanks

19 Replies

Hello @Deleted,

Try to reset Photos app and see if it helps:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Go to System > Apps & features.
  3. Locate Photos app and click on Advanced options.
  4. Click the Reset button.

Hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for the help, but it doesn't work, I've tried restarting app many times but always the same error

Hi @Deleted  

If you want to join Photos app preview, please read this article: 
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/104459-join-leave-windows-app-preview-program-apps-windows-10-a.html 

If you want to see a preview of your photos that's all another matter. Please elaborate better.

I have Windows 10 Insider installed on my PC in the DEV channel, when I open the Windows 10 Photos app, I can't connect to the app preview, it always writes an error

@Deleted  

This could be a bug of your Insider Preview version and should be addressed by Feedback Hub.

Could you please produce a screenshot of this error message?

I wrote it on the Feedback Hub, I also reinstalled the PC, nothing helped

best response
Solution

@Deleted  

I checked on my pc and it happens to me too

Spigolo_0-1600171641294.png

Likely a glitch in this version, be patient.

I@Deleted   I also get this, and have been getting that exact error for well over 8 or 9 months.  I fear it may be on perma-break!

@DeletedDitto, posted to Feedback Hub months ago.  I feel there are more pressing issues they face than a broken button buried in the Photos app...

@Kapil Arya I can confirm that this does not work.  It was a good suggestion - I almost pulled the trigger on a full reset last night in fact.  I'm always a bit gun-shy on resets though :)

No glitch; it is just Microsoft being Microsoft. Didn't work for me either,
Hello! Such a stable application as Microsoft Photos can not be judged based on a few errors that often result from the wrong synchronisation of the browser with the user's Microsoft account! So extensive in additional features the application deserves very good reviews! It's easy to use and works perfectly with OneDrive and other Microsoft products. I do not have any problems with its operation on many computers!
Please fix this Microsoft it's been so long. I hope there's no limit to the number of people that can join the Photos Preview Program, if so, break that limit or just remove the useless button to avoid confusion because the error message "Sorry, we couldn't add you to the Photos preview program" doesn't really explain anything.

Hi, If you live in a restricted country like Iran (Microsoft sanctions),  it will cause this problem.
To solve this, you can change your IP address.

ShashankDahat_0-1628850145923.png

Umm 

Same Here~

Just Report It to the feedback hub and share a link to the feedback here!

Same here ! I've been trying for a long time to be part of tge preview. I'm using Windows 11 as an insider.

I've also been getting the same error. I just updated to the Windows 11 dev build but I don't think that has anything to do with it. 

@Deleted I will try nonetheless

8 or 9 montths?  I've been fighting this error for over 3 years!  This feature has never worked.  @jamesbou 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

@Deleted  

I checked on my pc and it happens to me too

Spigolo_0-1600171641294.png

Likely a glitch in this version, be patient.

View solution in original post