Many users on our network are unable to access network shares.

Copper Contributor
Good day all
I am having a bit trouble with network shares.! When trying to access network shares. It opens a dialogue box asking for name and password. Also in red letters "The system cannot contact a Domain controller to service the authentication request. Please try again later. What does this signify and how do I fix it? There are also several users that keep getting this same thing. My network set up is 1Dell Power Edge server running Windows server 2019, a managed Netgear switch, a Ubiquity ER-12 router, s additional machines running Window 10 pro and about 25 users. Thank you in advance.

2 Replies

@WVPop105 wrote:
Good day all
I am having a bit trouble with network shares.! When trying to access network shares. It opens a dialogue box asking for name and password. Also in red letters "The system cannot contact a Domain controller to service the authentication request. Please try again later. What does this signify and how do I fix it? 

Hello @WVPop105,

See if this fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/the-system-cannot-contact-a-domain-controller-to-service-the-authenticatio...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.