Mail app identified Microsoft related domains as "junk" !

MVP

Annotation 2019-10-25 214157.png

this is really strange.

Email sender is engage.windows.com

when you type the domain name in the browser (Windows.com), you are redirected to the official Microsoft website (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/)

so both of the domains belong to Microsoft and totally Safe, Mail app shouldn't put those Emails in my Junk folder.

6 Replies
Hello!

"Junk" folder isnt for just "dangerous" emails it is also for spam/advertisement. So if the email it self has a subject that sounds like its selling or promoting it will usually go to junk.

Thanks!
Hi,
Yeah I figured but I mean like Microsoft's app should know that their own emails are not spam ads, at the very least, they are the ones I intentionally subscribed to to receive emails.

@HotCakeX 

I sure would hope it wouldn't auto-identify their own email as "good" email as much of the stuff I receive from Microsoft is very much spam and I classify it accordingly and want it to go to Junk and not into my Inbox.

I rarely receive Emails from Microsoft and when I do I want them to appear on my main Inbox so I will get notified and read them. if you're getting too many Emails, you must have checked all the boxes for during every product sign up which are about receiving such emails.
I've signed up on pretty much most of the products but I only chose to receive from a select group of them.

@HotCakeX

No, I've not signed up for every product. There are specific items I've signed up for and Microsoft in their infinite wisdom doesn't allow for an unsubscribe. So I have to resort to classifying them as spam. 

So no, I definitely don't want Microsoft to self-classify their own emails as legit. That should be left up to the individual person.

If you are receiving wanted emails from Microsoft in your Junk folder then drag them out and eventually your system should learn they are legit for you (but obviously not for everyone).

So it's a possibility that the emails I receive are classified as junk because another user classified them as junk? :thinking_face: