LiveKernelEvent 5a and 141

Copper Contributor

Hi team.  Getting occasional system unresponsive issues, and checking the reliability data, found several instances of these errors,  Running Windows 10 on HP Pavilion 590a with 32 GB RAM. Have run full hardware diagnostics and no errors found. Windows updated to version 10_0_19043. Both LiveKernelEvent 5a and 141 say its a hardware error, but can't find anything.  All drivers up to date, and the firmware is the latest version. SFC and DISM repoort no errors, and Windows troubleshooter no errors on drivers etc.

Many thanks in advance.

5 Replies
These error do not relate to your hardware as such its more software related meaning your getting conflict over time due to overclocking of your system,

Check your bios settings and ensure you have not set bios feature that is not in balance with other part of the bios settings usually related to ram, graphic and cpu feature.

What happening is the bios the settings are not configured right and its causing Windows 10 live kernel to detect errors giving false hardware reading if you leave it too long Windows will software will become corrupt due to this incorrect bios settings usually the hardware software drivers will be affected.

Do not panic though instead get your manual for your motherboard out and if you can access the website for your brand of motherboard and check CPU, Ram and Graphic settings particular if the system allows overclocking as you want to fine tune it so its first it not over heating, second so your booting up the system without issue and third preventing software issue.

@Darkmenance Thanks for the detailed analysis of this problem. I had a chat with Intel support today re the overclocking, and they said my CPU was locked therefore overclocking was not possible. So I have just installed an update for my BIOS, and then I’ll check the settings again.  This MAY be connected to the fact I just installed RAM up to 32GB, but not sure right now. More to investigate I think. 

So I ran some diagnostics, and errors were found and fixed. SFC / Scannow found and fixed problems, as did DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Checkhealth and it found and fixed corruption. Lastly I ran CHKDSK /F - this came up clean. So I’ll leave the system up all night, then tomorrow my wife gives office and web a good workout. Let’s see what happens then.
Glad to hear your system is running and no errors, and that your have confirm your cpu can not be overclock that rules out those issues.

While your system is running do not mess around with it note it for future reference but if it does return consider other possibilities.

i would consider its long shot but occurs from time to time its do with the modem receiving firmware did not reboot correctly it can lead to unresponsive actions, abnormal slow web browsing and weird error messages over time.

Try going to your advanced section of your modem and reboot it from their. and see if the messages return.

If they do return then you may have to consider your operating system software is corrupted already,

if that the case you can either continue as if ignore the problem and hope it disappears with future updates.

Last option totally reformat hard drive and do a clean install
(i would only do this if the system starts shutting down constantly and rebooting when using application or playing games)

From the steps your already taken i think its just internet connectivity issue leading to abnormal return of errors.

So look at your network set up first Network and sharing settings, then the adapter in use and finally how your connected to the modem.

In Network and Sharing ensure you have Turn on Network discovery enabled.
On your Network Adapter under status ensure you have all three boxes tick for connection enable.
Turn of roaming allow roaming VPN unless your using that feature no reason for it to be turned on.
Turn off Hotspot 2.0 no reason for that to be on as you do not want your network adapter switch to someone else connection if your modem signal drops out.

Also remove any additional network set up in Manage Know Networks. (you do not want your network adapter searching for service you are not using)

If you computer uses 5G feature for networking ensure your modem is configure for 5G and only use that connection move away from the 2.4 Ghz side if practical.

5G is more reliable than 2.4 side of the modems but do not turn off the 2.4 in the modem leave it enable as that your back up connection if 5G side of the modem is down for a long time or your having issue with the Network adapter connecting to the 5G due to poor update.

Just go through all your Windows settings and services (Administrative Tools) i find turning on Virtual disk service and making it automatic seem to stabilize Windows 10 good too if you mucking around with hyper-v side of Windows 10.

Checking everything and reading up on each setting helps you narrow down issues like this.

@DarkmenanceWell actually leaving the system overnight, in the morning it had frozen again. I did another Windows re-install using the shift-restart options. That again didn't fix things, still system froze even after 15 minutes. So I removed the 2 16GB RAM chips I had installed, and replaced them with the original 2 8GB RAM chips. Since then the system has been working just fine, even after re-installing all apps lost in the Windows re-install. Tomorrow I'm taking the 16GB RAM chips to a computer shop for deep testing. They are Crucial, which is a brand recommended by HP, and my PC spec says I can have a max of 32GB, so I need to investigate further - perhaps opening a case with HP if the RAM test comes up clean.