Issue with Windows 10 July 2022 KB5015807 and Microsoft Edge EMIE

Brass Contributor

Morning all,

Is anyone seeing any issues with Windows 10 July 2022 (KB5015807) and Microsoft Edge not using the configured EMIE list?

We have several hundred Windows 10 20H2 Enterprise devices with the monthly cumulative update installed which is breaking critical EMIE sites which will not run directly. It appears Edge is not using the EMIE site list and instead opening the sites directly in Edge.

When looking at the browsers configuration, it does list that the EMIE configured along with the sites it should redirect. We have tried the removal of the update and we are unable to restore the functionality. We are sure the issue relates to the Windows 10 OS update and not a recently released version of edge.

More odd is the functionality appears to work on my laptop as I'm running 21H2 as part of testing, not sure about 21H1 as we are not running this version.

I should point out that we don't have any Microsoft support agreements in place so unable to open an incident to get assistance.

Anyone able to offer any assistance?

Regards

Mike

9 Replies
We're having the exact same issue with several hundreds of Windows 10 21H2 devices since the patch hit. One un-patched device - working flawless, as soon as the user patched it the device have the same issue as all the rest. I've opened a support ticket towards Microsoft now. I'll get back to you.
/Regards Mattias
Hi Mattias,

I'm glad we are not the only ones, have you found that uninstalling the update does not resolve the issue?

Regards

Mike
Yes it does not resolve the issue, I've tried switching the types of IE Modes as well and MSEdge with different variants as well, nothing works.

/Regards Mattias
Would you be willing to share any workarounds or fixes which might come your way?

Regards

Mike
Hi Mike,
of course!

/Regards Mattias
Hi,
Had a meeting with MS just now, they have multiple cases in regards to the issue so they'll get back when they have more information.

/BR Mattias

@MattiasB3 

Morning,

In Mike's absence whilst on leave, I wondered if I could reply and ask if there has been any advice or update from MS as yet?  

Hello Simon,
nothing yet, i'll update when we get something.

/BR Mattias
For anyone following this thread a workaround has been posted in another discussion post - https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-10/july-12-2022-kb5015807-os-builds-19042-1826-19043-...