SOLVED

Is Windows 11 Real?

Iron Contributor

Now with the ISO leaked online a few days ago, Is windows 11 really real and will be released  on 24th of June ?? I have seen many videos of people running the os. Microsoft actually said that Windows 10 will be the last OS but is that true?

Everyone has tons of questions now;>

Please Tell If Windows 11 IS really there or it's just windows10x image edited?

Thank You, Have A Great Day Ahead!!

175 Replies
I've successfully installed the ISO on my bare hardware, a spare one of course, and I can confirm it works. The reason many YouTubers cannot get it installed is because Windows 11 requires secure boot and something 2.0. (I forgot the name). But security concern is real because the ISO is leaked
One More Thing I Noticed That
On The Windows Installer Screen,The New Squared Windows 11 Logo Displayed But As Soon As You Click The Install Now But It Just Reverts To The Windows 10 Icon.This Means That The Person Who Made This Fake ISO Didn't Gave Much Importance To The Finishing
Thats Called TPM 2.0 ;) Also I Am Just Wondering How Did Windows 11 Find Drivers For Your Machine. Could You Also Check The Windows Update Settings Please.
Interesting, I didn't notice that. I don't know if you have any experience with programming, making that level of change on Windows 10 is pretty much impossible for any individual, or small group of people.

If it turns out indeed that that ISO is a fake, whoever made it deserves a job in Microsoft.
Well, actually I didn't really do a clean install, I chose to upgrade instead. Maybe that's why I never run into problem with no driver. My device is Surface Pro 6. (Perhaps Microsoft made Surface, and assume the ISO is real. If they're gonna test this system on any device, it's have to be their own device right?)
Indeed Yes,You Need Really High Amount Of Knowledge Of Windows And Programming To Change That Icon Because You May Need To Directly Edit The Windows Installer Which Is A Really Tedious Process.

BTW,I Am Just A 14Year Old:hugging_face:
Well,If It's Your Spare PC Which Doesn't Have Any Of Your Personal Files(Which I Think Yes Because You're Already Testing A Unannounced-Leaked/Fake OS) I Suggest Doing A Clean Install Because It Will Unlock Some Of Experimental Things And The OOBE If You Want
L’ISO de Windows 11 est un vrai Microsoft à portée plainte contre Google pour répertorier l’article qui contenait l’ISO donc c une fuite j’ai tester sur une VM ça fonctionne et une modification de Windows 10 par des amateur ne serait pas aussi réussie.
Does Windows 11 looks like this? Because this is the Dev version. As my Uncle said.
Yes, It Is The Same Windows 11 But I Actually Recommend To Uninstall It Because At The Current Time At Has Thousands Of Bugs, Security Holes, May Crash Repeatedly. There Are Also Some Undone Settings And Registries. If You Don't Have Any Personal Files There Then There Is No Problem But I Still Think You Should Uninstall It .
I should live that long... 🤷🏽‍:female_sign:
Hey there! I’m also currently running the dev build as of today. While I do understand concerns on many issues with this release, it is publicly made known that the dev release is the most unstable of the three flight previews for Windows Insiders! Those who enter this program should have already been made aware of this way beforehand, or at least done some research about what it was.
While I don’t know if they will really call it “Windows 11”, personally just scrapping the whole number system out for just “Windows” would be nice at this point, the changes they’re making seem to be happening to some degree. The dev preview for W10 already has the new file icons, which are now colorful and all. As well as some new icons for your Task Manager and Msi installers. The taskbar has not been altered as far as I know, and was not mentioned in the dev release builds on the Insiders official site.

@ShashankDahat 

For me I installed Windows from not a certain source = COVID19 for IT!

i don't know if users are aware of this1

Your suggestion = uninstall > best solution! 

I'm soory to say that you are wrong . Windows 11 is launching on 24 june and the iso you will be getting from websites are real co_release of windows 11 from DEV channel . So you can download it securely and also use. There are no malwares at all..............So chill and use.GOODBYE WINDOWS 10...

@Ayush_Tech 

Well if you have the official version of DEV - add a few screenshots as of today - I'm waiting!

@Ayush_Tech We Got Some new SAD news Is Windows 11 leaked version legit? Microsoft might have confirmed the leak (republicworld.com)

I Personally Don't Like Windows 11's Tab-friendly start button and it's minimum system requirements, but still it is a developer unreleased ISO file. We Really love the current windows 10 interface and the next 21H2 interface.

And I Am Also Pretty Sure Many Of the People here also wouldn't like the new windows 11 Because Of it's interface.

It's Really Sad To See Windows 10 My First Computer OS being left out !!

@ShashankDahat yes seems like the OS is actually real 

just downloaded a dev version today 

dont expect to install it soon 

with probably run it on one of the other rigs see if it cuts the mustard

@ShashankDahatI agree with a lot of the replies that anytime you download something "leaked" you need to take it with a grain of salt.  And consider the chances of it being hacked software that could potentially contain viruses, or malware or spyware. Like a lot of others, I was tempted to download a copy from one of my trusted download places.  And did.  Although it's unofficial and leak, I do not feel it is fake, hacked, full of viruses, malware, spyware.

I did clean installs on two desktops I had sitting in my closet to test and see the new features.  One was a PC I built myself.  The other was a prebuilt gaming PC from Asus.  On the pre-built pc it automatically detected the product key embedded in the bios and installed the appropriate version of windows 11 based on that.  On the one I built I used the product key associated with my Microsoft account and again it installed the appropriate version based on that key. 

On both PC's I did 6 scans on each pc using Kaspersky, Norton, Mcafee.  I did a full scan, scanning EVERYTHING with each program installed within windows.  I then created the related bootable USB drives for each one, booted, scanned everything again.  So that's 12 scans total between the two computers.  Now, if it's a hacked copy full of virus, malware and spyware, I find it extremely hard to believe that 1 of the 3 major programs didn't find at least something.  Especially when you are isolating the os and doing a scan from a bootable scan from the program's USB drive.

On the PC I built, Windows update installed all of the drivers.  I did not have use any third party installer files from the pc part manufacturers to get drivers loaded.  Windows update took care of all the generic microsoft drivers.

On the Asus Gaming pc, Windows update took care of everything except of a couple Asus specific drivers.  Which was easy enough to fix by running the Asus installers.

Now the Asus pc I had at one time purchased the Windows 10 Pro for Workstations through the microsoft store.  So I couldn't upgrade that on to Pro for Workstations on a clean install.  Which to me makes logical and perfect sense.  Windows 11 isn't officially released.  So of course the windows store is going to be the Windows 10 Windows store, not the Windows 11 one. 

Now, I can't speak for every site out there that has the "Leaked" ISO on it.  And yes, I agree that someone "Could" hack.  Hence like everyone else's points, if you do it, do it at your own risk...  And make sure you really do trust the place you are downloading it from.  Don't just be a trigger happy eager beaver trying to stay ahead of the game.  But the amount of time it would take to alter an entire closed source ISO of an operating system to riddle it with viruses, malware, spyware would be extensive.  Especially for a small group of people.  Given that the leak happened roughly a week before all of the indications Microsoft is giving in regards to an official release of Windows 11, it seems more likely this was a purposeful leak to generate hype, buzz and talk.

It seems more likely this was a leak of the DEV channel release than a hacked version.  So for anyone that does download it and install it...  Expect there to be bugs and expect things not to work appropriately or to their full PC potential.

What I really want to know is if this upgrade will be free to current W10,8, and 7 users with an official license key for those OS'. I was glad to get one when upgrading from 8, so I'm hoping they'll do the same for 11.