I have a problem and I need help

Copper Contributor

I have an Xbox Game Pass for PC and I want to ask him to install the games in part D but when I go to the settings and there I ask him to be able to install part D I get this error in the picture the whole picture says everything about the problem I will be very grateful if you help me with this nasty problem.

1 Reply

Hello @MrSparki,

One of the possible reasons why you cannot install your app to a specific folder is because you do not have full permission on that drive. To troubleshoot the issue, try fixing the permissions on the Packages folder by following the steps below:

1. Hold the Windows + R.
  2. In the run dialog that opens up, type %appdata% and click OK.
  3. By default, this command will take you to the Appdata\Roaming folder but we need to be in the AppData\Local folder so click AppData from the top (breadcrumb) and choose AppData then Local.
  4. Now in the Local folder, locate the folder called Packages.
  5. Right click on Packages and select Properties.
  6. Click the Security Tab.
  7. Now click the Advanced button and ensure that all the users listed their have full control. If not, click Add. Choose Select a Principal, type users in the box which reads Enter the object name to select once this is done, click Check names and then put a check on the box which says Full Permission.
  8. Click Apply/OK.

Original source of above information: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-set-default-save-location-0x80070005/a...

Let us know if this helps!