Huawei Matebook x pro crashes

Copper Contributor
My computer is randomly crashing, restarting and going back to normal within 30 seconds every 15 minutes ish. Does anyone know what I should do?
21 Replies
Hi,
Which Windows 10 version/edition are you using?

I am using windows 10 Home version 1903 @HotCakeX 

Do you have the same issue with the power cord on?
It's a fairly new device, you better update your Windows 10 to latest version, 1909, chances are it will fix it for you
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

@Cadmaster 

Generally speaking, try to update your drivers first. If it doesn't work, try a different version of after effect. If still doesn't work, you might want to contact support to get a replacement.

@Akshay_Mane 

@Akshay_Mane wrote:

@Cadmaster 

Generally speaking, try to update your drivers first. If it doesn't work, try a different version of after effect. If still doesn't work, you might want to contact support to get a replacement.

After Effect?

There is no problem with After effect, at least not anything mentioned in this topic

@Cadmaster Same here with the new matebook x pro since i bought it in May. Crash usually with Google chrome and video running. Screen freeze or black screen. Restart and goes fine. All drivers updated as windows....

@adell1535 I'm having this exact issue and can't seem to find the cause or solve the problem. Have you managed to do any of those?

I'm having the same problem - I have got my Matebook X Pro 2019 since 2019. It has worked flawlessly until about 2 months ago. Been running Windows 10 with up to date updates in past year or so. I reinstalled Windows 10 two days ago with the "keep personal data" option and up to date patches for Windows and from the Huawai PC Manager, however that doesn't seem to fix the random crash.

I have a Dell 4k monitor connected via USB-C cable. Tested with other two cables with no avail.

Couldn't see any clues in EventViewer re the crashes. Huawei PC Manager indicates 100% pass for testing. Also the hard drive passes the scan with no error.

I am thinking to format the hard disk and do a fresh install of Windows, just to eliminate any possible software issues next.

Any tips and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

@Martiny2021 

Same issues here.. I have Huawei MateBook X Pro purchased back in Dec 2018 when it was just announced. Was working fine till early 2021, but started random hang and crashes after that.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 10 Home Ver 20H2 Build 19042.1165 loaded on it.

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎10/‎6/‎2020
OS build 19042.1165
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

Reset PC and loaded OS again. Still crashed after a few days. Loaded old image from back in 2019 but still crashed. Seems to be some hardware issue. Either HD or video card or something. Now the silly  thing wont even reset anymore. Trying to reset gives "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made". 

Please post some solution if anybody gets it fixed.

All my scans also showed no problem with my laptop. Changing the SSD solved the issues, though
Yeah. Me think so too that NVME drive is an issue. I have square trade extended warranty on it. Will send it to them. Dont know whether they'll be able to simulate the problem or not, but will send a writeup and No Boot Device error message picture. Hopefully they change the hard drive.

Have to keep a track of current serial though to make sure they changed the drive, if they claim to do so.

@grovers My was crashing each days with no errors.

Service and support of Huawai changed the mother board and problem has been solved.

@adell1535 - was your laptop still under warranty when it showed those signs that Huawei changed the MB ? I bought mine back in Jan 2019 and my factory warranty may have long expired. Don't know whether Huawei will do anything about it. But please let us know your warranty status. Thanks
I followed your tip and replaced the SSD and reinstall Windows about a week ago. The laptop has never crashed since. So changing the SSD has fixed my issue. BTW I did a fresh install of Windows before that and that did not help with the random crash. Thank you eduardokc!

Thank you@

My pleasure!

Hi @Cadmaster

I also faced the same problem with my Huawei Matebook X Pro and It has been solved after I changed my hard disk.

Please help. I've also had the same problem with the blue screen. In 2019, I bought the Matebook X Pro model on Amazon from abroad. I invested a large sum of money including shipping and taxes. To this day it was a big mistake to bet on that brand. My first big issue was battery life. It never exceeded three hours, but I learned to live with it. Now I have the blue screen problem. I already tried everything regarding the software. I want to change the SSD, but I don't want to make a mistake again. Those who have solved the problem by changing the hard drive, can you tell me which disk you bought. I need your help. Thank you! (Matebook X Pro i7 -8550OU CPU @1.80GHz / 16 GB / MB: MACH-WX9-PCB / NVIDIA Geoforce MX 150/ Disco SSD 512: SAMSUNG MZVLB512HAJQ-00000/ Windows 11 Home)
Make a bootable rescue disk and back up the data. After that, reinstall Windows 10 or Windows 11 on it.