SOLVED

How to update WDDM 1.2 driver to 2.0 or later ???

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm new here. But I have a big problem.

I would like to update the WDDM Driver.

I search the web if this is even possible but there is no explicit answer anywhere (Well I didn’t get it). That’s how I came to this blog.

Let me explain.

I purchased the TowmonSE app to connect between TAB Android and PC.

In short, I would like to use the TAB as a second touch screen.

This app need a WDDM 2.0 driver or later for this. On my pc, however, WDDM is 1.2.

I tried different possible update methods, including a reloaded OS win 10 pro.

I now have the latest version of win 10 pro 20H2.

This was advised to me by Microsoft Help. Without any success.

The processor I have is Intel   Core  i5-2500 CPU with integrated Intel HD Graphics 2000 graphics card.

If anyone has experience or knowledge with this, I kindly ask them to help me.

Please do not answer me if you do not understand this problem. 

I need a clear answer and, if possible, a successful solution.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards

J.

16 Replies
best response confirmed by janjan2400 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi,
WDDM support status is defined by the graphic card (hardware) that you are using, not the software. your hardware needs to be able to support WDDM 2+

you need to use a newer graphic card.

by the way, the latest WDDM is version 3 which is available in latest Windows insider version.

hope that helps

Hi

You helped me a lot.

You are the first to tell me very clearly and unequivocally that the graphics card is the one that conditions the WDDM version in windows10 and not win.

It is now clear to me that I need to buy a new GC.

Thank you again.

And stay healthy.

Best

J.

You're welcome ^^
yes, the Windows version that you are using most likely has a higher version of WDDM than the one your graphic card and its corresponding driver can support.

e.g.
WDDM 2.5 => Windows 10 October 2018 Update
WDDM 2.6 => Windows 10 May 2019 Update
WDDM 2.7 => Windows 10 May 2020 Update
WDDM 2.8, WDDM 2.9, WDDM 3 => currently in Windows 10 Insider Preview

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Display_Driver_Model

@janjan2400 I recently updated my WDDM driver from 1.3 to 2.0 by downloading processor drivers from Intel. You could give that a try. 

Note: Make sure to check your Cpu generation in task manager (eg: i5-4570, The number 4 means 4th generation another example is i7-1065G7, 10 here is 10the gen etc.) and download the right driver for your cpu.

@Zeekk  Please can you guide me that how to install or update wddm 1.3 to 2.0

I have 
Intel® HD Graphics 2500

Intel® Core™ i3-3220 Processor

You need 4th generation cpu and newer or NVIDIA GT 730 and newer.

Do you actually need 4th gen CPU for updating WDDM 1.3 to 2.0 ?
Can't 3rd gen i5 really not work?
Bro i have 4th gen cpu but still i unable to update my wddm in 2.0

My graphic card is en210 silent/di/1gd3 2(lp)

Please reply me
Hey, can I know where you got the drivers? I might need some. 🤪
I have a AMD Graphics qnd processor please tell me the way of Solving this Issue i can't ply a game on steam neither by an ISO file
So are you saying that the software for higher versions of WDDM is somewhere in the Windows OS files, but isn't being used or does it get downloaded when the system detects you have a powerful enough graphics card?
That's a bunch of Mullarchy. You pay an app or a video game and meet the minimum requirements but app stores like Microsoft Store don't tell you that you don't meet the minimum requirements for WDDM. Then you have a problem launching apps or games.

@Warhexadxx 

@Warhexadxx wrote:
That's a bunch of Mullarchy. You pay an app or a video game and meet the minimum requirements but app stores like Microsoft Store don't tell you that you don't meet the minimum requirements for WDDM. Then you have a problem launching apps or games.

How do you know your hardware meets the minimum requirements when the store says it doesn't?

it'd help if you specify the exact hardware and game.

@HotCakeX 

Your statement is NOT TRUE!

WDDM is Windows Display Driver Model, which requires that a graphics hardware vendor supply a paired user-mode display driver (UMD) and kernel-mode display driver (KMD).

The key phrase here is "hardware vendor supply" - this is what hardware vendors with the help of Microsoft do not want to do for LEGACY hardware/cards! and you probably know why - $$$, yes, go and buy new hardware (GPU, notebooks) etc.

Man I forgot what we were even talking about all that talk and for what some girl gets in trouble in Florida over a Microsoft executive shows up in my hometown and is hiding out right down the street from me. What was I thinking nevermind. :stareyes: Microsoft is good people who will hire people that do good work for them. @HotCakeX 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by janjan2400 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi,
WDDM support status is defined by the graphic card (hardware) that you are using, not the software. your hardware needs to be able to support WDDM 2+

you need to use a newer graphic card.

by the way, the latest WDDM is version 3 which is available in latest Windows insider version.

hope that helps

View solution in original post