SOLVED

How to transfer text messages from Samsung Phone to computer

Copper Contributor

Hi tech experts,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra running the latest Android 13 OS. I need to export dozens of conversions from my Samsung phone to Windows 10 computer. I can directly access the photos when I connect the phone to Windows 10 via USB cable but there is no way to find the messages.

How can I transfer text messages from Samsung Galaxy phone to computer so I can print them on my computer?

[Update]:  I'm glad to share some good news—I've managed to solve the issue of transferring text messages from my Galaxy S23 Ultra to my computer. After exploring a few options, I came across a tool called DroidGeeker that worked perfectly for this purpose.

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Nobel_Baynes245 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Nobel_Baynes245 

First off, nice choice with the Galaxy S23 Ultra. That's a beast of a phone!

Alright, when it comes to transferring text messages from your Samsung to a PC, it's not as straightforward as photos, but it's totally doable. Here's a method I've used:

Backup & Restore Method:

First things first, if you have the 'Samsung Smart Switch' software on your computer, that might help. You can back up your S23 Ultra using the software, and while you can't directly read the messages from the backup, there are tools online that let you extract and view them. Bit roundabout, but hey, it works!

TunesBro DroidGeeker - Here's another great thing I've been using at the moment. It's a paid tool but does the job smoothly, allowing you to view and save your messages directly to your PC.

Source: https://www.tunesbro.com/transfer-sms-from-android-to-computer.html#part2

droidgeeker.png

Email Method:

If you've just got a few really important threads to save, go to the message thread on your phone, tap the 3-dot menu, and select 'Save as file' or something similar (might vary depending on the Android version). Then, just email that file to yourself and open it on your PC. It's a bit manual, especially if you've got tons of messages, but works in a pinch!

Third-party Apps:

I've used SMS Backup & Restore in the past. Super simple. It lets you backup your messages in an XML file. Once backed up, you can transfer this XML file to your PC. Now, for reading them on your computer, you might need another tool to convert XML to a more readable/printable format, but there are loads of online converters that can help with that.

Just a heads up, whenever you're using third-party apps, especially for something as personal as text messages, always check out the permissions they're asking for and read some reviews. Better safe than sorry!

@PatryckSamsung Smart Switch don't have the option to export text messages from S23. It can only back up the whole device and the backup file is not viewable on my pc.

@Nobel_Baynes245To transfer text messages from Samsung phone to computer, you can use Samsung Kies, Email, or Coolmuster Android Assistant.

If you don't want to install programs on your computer, Email is a good choice. You just need to go to the "Messages" app on your Samsung phone, choose the message you want to transfer. Click on the dotted button on the top right corner on the screen, choose "More" option, then tick "Share" icon, press "Email" button and write the Email address to transfer these messages. Log in the Email account to download the messages that you sent on PC.

If you want to know the details of the other two ways, you can check this article. Hope this will be your help.

@Clina980 I was really hoping this would help me, but perhaps due to a software update or something, these steps don't work.  When I choose the message and press the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner, the only option I get is "Mark as unread."  There is no "More" option which would allow me to share it to my email.

Hello! Transferring text messages from your Samsung phone to a computer can be essential for backup or keeping important conversations safe. Here are four reliable methods you can use:

1. Samsung Smart Switch
Samsung Smart Switch, an official tool from Samsung, facilitates data transfer and backup. It can back up your entire phone, including text messages, to your computer. This backup can then be restored to another device, providing a complete solution for safeguarding your phone's data.

2. Using Google Backup
Google's backup feature also offers a way to save your text messages to your computer. You can back up your messages to your Google account and then access Google Drive from your computer to download the backup files. This method provides a secure and easily accessible backup option.

3. MobiKin Assistant for Android
MobiKin Assistant for Android is a powerful tool tailored for Android devices. It allows you to quickly export your text messages to your computer in formats like CSV, HTML, and TXT, making it perfect for backing up and organizing your messages.

4. Using Email
If you only need to transfer a few messages, emailing them is the simplest approach. Just select the messages you wish to save, share them via email, and then download these emails on your computer.

I hope these methods help you successfully transfer your messages. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Nobel_Baynes245 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Nobel_Baynes245 

First off, nice choice with the Galaxy S23 Ultra. That's a beast of a phone!

Alright, when it comes to transferring text messages from your Samsung to a PC, it's not as straightforward as photos, but it's totally doable. Here's a method I've used:

Backup & Restore Method:

First things first, if you have the 'Samsung Smart Switch' software on your computer, that might help. You can back up your S23 Ultra using the software, and while you can't directly read the messages from the backup, there are tools online that let you extract and view them. Bit roundabout, but hey, it works!

TunesBro DroidGeeker - Here's another great thing I've been using at the moment. It's a paid tool but does the job smoothly, allowing you to view and save your messages directly to your PC.

Source: https://www.tunesbro.com/transfer-sms-from-android-to-computer.html#part2

droidgeeker.png

Email Method:

If you've just got a few really important threads to save, go to the message thread on your phone, tap the 3-dot menu, and select 'Save as file' or something similar (might vary depending on the Android version). Then, just email that file to yourself and open it on your PC. It's a bit manual, especially if you've got tons of messages, but works in a pinch!

Third-party Apps:

I've used SMS Backup & Restore in the past. Super simple. It lets you backup your messages in an XML file. Once backed up, you can transfer this XML file to your PC. Now, for reading them on your computer, you might need another tool to convert XML to a more readable/printable format, but there are loads of online converters that can help with that.

Just a heads up, whenever you're using third-party apps, especially for something as personal as text messages, always check out the permissions they're asking for and read some reviews. Better safe than sorry!

View solution in original post