How to apply acceptable use policy for windows 10 ?

Iron Contributor

Hello

do you have solution ? when user login windows (ALL PC Join domain) then show the first time about acceptable use policy if user not accept then can not logon windows and if accept then can logon and will no show acceptable use policy when next login .IF Admin change content in acceptable use policy  then force all user must accept again 

Best Reagrds,

Thanks

17 Replies
Hi, which version of client Windows and Windows server is this happening in?

Current we user windows 10 pro .The future can change to enterprise version

I understand, and which build version? like currently the latest build for Windows 10 is 1903

Current 1809 , next year can upgrade to 1903 . But if this version 1903 have function please guide help me .

Based on the information you provided, it seems like a normal behavior.
users first need to accept the policy and that's just once. when the policy and terms of use change they are notified and they either can accept or decline.
users do need to get notified when the terms they previously accepted are no longer in effect and are changed. it happens all the time in websites and applications.

but how to do that should apply all PC in domain

You can do it using Group Policy Management Console:

Computer Config >> Windows Settings >> Security Settings >> Local Policies >> Security Options >> Interactive Logon: Message text for users attempting to log on

and

Computer Config >> Windows Settings >> Security Settings >> Local Policies >> Security Options >> Interactive Logon: Message title for users attempting to log on

also the Microsoft docs for it:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/security-policy-settings/interac...

This i had try but it always show when pc startup , not like acceptable use policy

Which version of Windows Server are you using?

@HotCakeX Active directory host in windows server 2012 R2 , fuctional domain 2008 r2

I'm not 100% sure but maybe the newer versions of Windows 10 need higher functional levels.
there is also a possibility of conflicts between GPOs in your organization, wrong GPO override.

in your Windows 10 client, run rsop.msc and see if the correct GP is being applied to it.

Only it have function i can test it , do you have sample link guide ? but current every pc start then user must press ok then can login .through we not change content acceptable use policy 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie11-ieak/rsop-snapin-for-policy-settings-ieak11

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/312321/how-to-use-resultant-set-of-policy-logging-to-gather...

Resultant Set of Policy snap-in will help you find out if the correct GP settings are being applied to the clients. i.e the policy that you set to show the logon messages is actually taking effect.

But this policy alway will show when PC start ? here I want is when user press accept "acceptable use policy" then it will not show agian , only after any change content then it will show again to user read and accept again .

Okay i got it now, you want the interactive logon message to appear once and after the user accepts or clicks ok, it won't appear again.
I've read through Microsoft docs and other forum posts but couldn't find anything on that matter. all I found was that companies use this policy for legal reasons and it's needed for users to accept it every time they want to use a company's resources.
You're welcome!