How do I change incorrect pay period dates in QuickBooks?

Copper Contributor

I mistakenly change incorrect pay period dates in QuickBooks. How can I rectify this issue? I need to ensure accurate payroll records.

1 Reply

@Debra_Mathis634 

To change incorrect pay period dates in QuickBooks, follow these troubleshooting steps:

• Verify Payroll Settings: Double-check your payroll settings to ensure the correct pay period frequency (weekly, bi-weekly, etc.) is selected.
  • Adjust Pay Period Dates: If the pay period dates are wrong for a specific pay run, edit the paycheck directly. Go to the paycheck in question, select "Edit," and adjust the pay period dates accordingly.
  • Check Company Preferences: Navigate to 'Edit' > 'Preferences' > 'Payroll & Employees' > 'Company Preferences.' Ensure the correct pay period dates are set here.
  • Review Payroll Schedule: Confirm that the payroll schedule matches the actual pay periods. Adjust the schedule if necessary under 'Employees' > 'Payroll Center' > 'Payroll Schedules.'
  • Update Time Tracking: If you use time tracking, ensure that employee hours are recorded accurately for each pay period.

By following these steps, you should be able to correct any discrepancies in pay period dates within QuickBooks, ensuring accurate payroll processing and compliance. If the issue persists, contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.

Quickbooks Help & Support.png